MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Cris Cyborg: "I'll dominate this category"   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

The women MMA is on the rise, and EliteXC may have no regrets on calling Cris Cyborg to fight at July 26th’s edition. Ready to leave Cutiriba, Brazil, the athlete said she will shock the world and impress all American fans… And she did. “More Cris Cyborg”, asked Kieran Malone, from MMARated.com. “I said (to Dana White) that after my fight he would change his mind about women fights, and would see that he have the same capacities and aggressively”, said Cris Cyborg to Chute Boxe official site, guarantying that White wouldn’t regret to open UFC for women MMA.

LINK

Darnok » Posted 9/10/07 6:37:00PM

She was definately exciting to watch. I am interested to see how she does against Gina.

I find it hard to believe she talked to Dana about starting a womens division. But maybe.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I dont think we will see a womans division in the UFC. I for one would rather see a 145 and 135 division over womans mma.

Solidus » Posted 4/24/07 7:39:00PM

Dana could throw the women into WEC

I think that's more likely than Dana putting them in the UFC, which is a shame as I'm gonna miss seeing Gina when he buys out EliteXC

tylerlee123 » Posted 11/30/07 1:16:00PM

And she will i never seen a girl fight like that in my life, i dont know how she could be beat i dont see anyone standing a chance

I think that's more likely than Dana putting them in the UFC, which is a shame as I'm gonna miss seeing Gina when he buys out EliteXC

When do you reckon he will buy out Elite XC?

gabe531 » Posted 6/2/07 12:26:00PM

Posted by Darnok

She was definately exciting to watch. I am interested to see how she does against Gina.

I find it hard to believe she talked to Dana about starting a womens division. But maybe.

lets just hope she dont mess up ginas face too bad. thats easy on the eyes. but damn she was very aggressive and by looking at their last 2 fights i dont think gina will have enough gas to last long enough. i know her weight cutting was bad last time adn thats not good to hear if your gonna face cyborg.

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by Darnok

Ditto

Solidus » Posted 4/24/07 7:39:00PM

Posted by Rabi

When do you reckon he will buy out Elite XC?

Whether they're bought or not, unless they have some better management stepping in to take the reins I think we'll be lucky to see EXC around after the new year.

I still dont think we will ever see woman MMA in the UFC.

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

Honestly, I think Gina looked scared when they cut away to her at Cyborg's fight. Then she composed herself when she knew she was on camera. Cyborg is explosive and viscious in a way that is not normal in woman's fighting. Women are often frenetic but not explosive. I think Cyborg would kick the crap out of a lot of men in the 145 division. She hits harder than a lot of dudes at that weight class. If she was just bigger I would like to see her fight a Ryker or Ali but she's just too small.

She will run trhough Gina and then...there will be no one left. So she'll have no choice but to fight dudes. :)

Lucas » Posted 2/5/07 9:28:00AM

She isn't going to be able to fight a dude so there will be no where for her to go

I could never watch a man fight a woman, its just wrong.

[View Full Version of this Page]