MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Affliction could become MMA heavyweight   [View Full Version]
scpd400 » Posted 10/28/07 9:57:00PM

The landscape of the mixed martial arts business may have changed Saturday night as the debuting Affliction promotion came out of its debut show with the potential for several of the biggest heavyweight marquee matches in the sport.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Atp1PTTBPooPetZtgEmhpjI9Eo14?slug=dm-mmachange071908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

From what they've been saying I'm pretty excited about the org. They're supposed to be going to Japan and now casual fans know who Fedor is and they will be very very intrigued.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

The only question is can they continue to sign the talent and build up the different wieght classes they want to have. Not too convinced with the comp they have anywhere other than HW yet. I mean how strong is your org?? Answer as strong as your fighters and fan base....and right now UFC has both of those on lock!!! What needs to happen for Affliction to make it to the big time is to develop strong MW div, LHW div, and then we'll see if they can rival UFC. Remember they don't even yet have a WW or LW div.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

The only question is can they continue to sign the talent and build up the different wieght classes they want to have. Not too convinced with the comp they have anywhere other than HW yet. I mean how strong is your org?? Answer as strong as your fighters and fan base....and right now UFC has both of those on lock!!! What needs to happen for Affliction to make it to the big time is to develop strong MW div, LHW div, and then we'll see if they can rival UFC. Remember they don't even yet have a WW or LW div.

Pride only started with heavies

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

even w/just the heavies they have i'll purchase the fight every time. several nice match ups possible. keep rocking the heavies and slowly adding smaller guys over time...fine with me.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by jae_1833

Pride only started with heavies

Very good point!!!!
Aaahhhhh.......Pride/FC!!!

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

i think affliction will be the ones to have fedor vs randy.

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

Meh. I'm happy with Heavie's right now. Who knows how long Affliction will last. I'm thinking three shows and done. I'll enjoy them while they are here because last night, aside from too much Jack D, was the best MMA night I've had in a long time. I would have been happy with AA v. Rothwell headlining a UFC card by itself. I got Barnett and him, and Vitor Belfort's KO, and Fedor WaR.

Good stuff.

[View Full Version of this Page]