MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Should We Care About Jackson-Griffin?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

With champion Jackson and challenger Griffin acting as coaches on the umpteenth season of "The Ultimate Fighter" -- there's been little palpable anticipation for Jackson's first title defense in nearly a year.

click here for full article from sherdog

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

I don't see any reason to not care about Jackson Vs Griffin..

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

What a stupid question. Its a title fight in the most competetive division in the sport. Anything can happen in MMA so yes, I do care.

holt8081 » Posted 6/25/07 12:06:00AM

Hell ya this is a good fight, I thought that forrest wouldent stand a chance but after a little while I know thank that he will do ok, I dont thank he will win but he might just loose a UD.

TWITA » Posted 6/21/07 2:44:00PM

No one thought that Forrest had a shot against Tito and look what he did there. I still have Rampage winning this fight but everyone knows what happens when Forrest gets tagged - he turns into a friggin beast.

holt8081 » Posted 6/25/07 12:06:00AM

Posted by TWITA

No one thought that Forrest had a shot against Tito and look what he did there. I still have Rampage winning this fight but everyone knows what happens when Forrest gets tagged - he turns into a friggin beast.

Ya but Rampage is a figgin beast all the time.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Tis fight looks great. I can't wait to order this ppv

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by holt8081

Ya but Rampage is a figgin beast all the time.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

I dunno I actually think Forrest will win this fight, Im still picking rampage because its the more logical bet

But i threw a few dollars on forrest, nothing too big

scpd400 » Posted 10/28/07 9:57:00PM

Stupid question, I care. I have been waiting on this fight for a long time. I think Griffin is going to surprise everyone. Griffin will be the next light heavy champ.

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

And this is sherdog being sherdog. thats why i hate em.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

The article raises some valid questions,but ultimately dodges,or walks around the biggest of them all.And that's delving deeper into the question of why the casual fans seem to be a little lack luster about this event.I don't think it has as much to do with Jackson stealing Liddells thunder,as it does with bad marketing on the part of Zuffa.

To the casual fan,Jackson came out of left field and beat Chuck Liddell,who has God like status state side.Then what does Zuffa do?
Pretty much leaves the budding fan in the dark about "Rampage" and leaves them to do their own research (which i'm willing to bet 95% just figured Quinton is the baddest man on the planet since he beat Liddell.Doing little to no research,or watching any of Rampages previous fights)

I say lets take a closer look at the TV show "The Ultimate Fighter" which was the biggest gateway for newer fans to truely get to know Rampage.
The ratings continualy fall every season,and despite being promised dramatic changes with each new go around,we are given contestants with the same,tired,cliched attitudes we found all the way in season one.All the competiveness between Quinton and Forrest was reduced to comedic banter,which I did find pretty fun,but does the rest of the viewers feel that way????

While I wouldn't try to take away anything from the talent the guys on the show had,I feel as if they really didn't create any new stars from this season,and would have been better off doing a 12 episode reality show dealing with Rampage and Forrest's training for the bout.At least that way Rampage could have gotten put in the spot light more.Doesn't a champion deserve that much?

ThePlague » Posted 8/23/07 9:55:00PM

There is one thing I agree with in this article- that the UFC needs to use some of that Pride footage to promote guys like Rampage. I mean that Ricardo Arona slam alone would blow casual fan's minds if they saw that on Spike.

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by bullettdodger

I don't see any reason to not care about Jackson Vs Griffin..

Darnok » Posted 9/10/07 6:37:00PM

Posted by RMFG_187

And this is sherdog being sherdog. thats why i hate em.

Exactly, Sherdog will find any reason at all to bash the UFC.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]