MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
The 10 Most Important Fighters to the Business of Mixed Martial Arts Part I   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

The mixed martial arts business has seen its ups and downs during its short history. This list is intended to capture the fighters who had the biggest influence in creating interest in the sport and drawing money.

This list is not intended to be a simple listing of the fighters who drew the most money. If that were the sole criterion, the list would look significantly different. Rather, this list is designed to capture the fighters who were most important in shaping the business. Fighters who sparked increases in business and paved the way for bigger things are given additional weight even if they drew less money at the time.

The four fighters who came the closest to making the list but fell short were Masakatsu Funaki, Wanderlei Silva, Matt Hughes and Kid Yamamoto.

LINK

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Great list so far.Glad to see their looking at MMA in a "worldview" as opposed to just the American shores.

Wrestlers like Takada brought the sport a lot of attention in Japan,and I think the same would happen in America if some of the top stars over here made the same transistions.

Vote4Fedro » Posted 6/30/08 1:20:00AM

That list is a joke. Randy below 2 freak shows.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

That's how it goes man.It's not always the best fighter who draws the most money.Just look at kimbo.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

i wonder who is 1 through 5.

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i wonder who is 1 through 5.

i Think Fedor, Sakuraba, Liddell, Ortiz, and wanderlei silva will be the top 5. (not in specific order)

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

My Prediction for 1-5 is

1. Sakuraba
2. Chuck Liddell
3. Fedor
4. Wandy
5. Tito

Edit: Wow ! Like 15 Seconds after Juanez posted his, We have the same thing

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by hotrodttt

My Prediction for 1-5 is

1. Sakuraba
2. Chuck Liddell
3. Fedor
4. Wandy
5. Tito

Edit: Wow ! Like 15 Seconds after Juanez posted his, We have the same thing

Wanderlei won't be on the list, but I agree with the rest. Royce would probably take the final spot.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

The four fighters who came the closest to making the list but fell short were Masakatsu Funaki, Wanderlei Silva, Matt Hughes and Kid Yamamoto.

It'll be Royce.

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

yea its probably Royce than.

NeaRMisS » Posted 7/14/07 8:28:00PM

1. Sakurabi
2. Royce
3. Tito
4. Fedor
5. Chuck

Pyrenus » Posted 1/29/07 9:12:00AM

You think Tito makes the top 5?

billycarnage » Posted 7/30/07 3:23:00PM

I don't like Tito but I think he should be in the top 5. He brought a lot of attention to the sport in the early days when he was the champ.
Him and Chuck are big reasons why Randy made the list.

Leland » Posted 4/24/07 11:10:00AM

Tito and Chuck are def. top 5's. Fedor is up there too, he was huge in Japan.

Kimbo is probably #1. Yeah definitely.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

Maybe Ken Shamrock is in the Top 5

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]