MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Cung Le is ‘at a crossroads’ in his career   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Quoteworthy:

“I just landed a big movie role with Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster. It’s been pretty exciting for me. I didn’t even get the role for my fighting abilities. I actually auditioned and I got it off straight acting. (It’s not based on martial arts) it’s science fiction. So far, the two movies that I did had fighting. They were saying that’s the best fight scene and they’re actually going to send it in to see if that fight scene gets best fight scene of the year with me and Channing Tatum. I feel like I still got a couple more good fights in me but at the same time I have to be smart. I’m at a crossroads. There’s a lot of great fighters out there. Of course, there’s the great Anderson Silva but that matchup doesn’t seem like it’s ever going to happen.

LINK

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

To me it doesn't sound like Cung Le wants to be fighting for much longer. Which is kind of sad. I've watched him fight and he's very entertaining. I thought he was relatively young, but I guess not if he's already talking retirement to do movies.

The_Grim_Reaper » Posted 7/5/07 4:54:00PM

are you kidding me ? at a crossroads, your career has just begun, you have alot more fights ahead of you and id like to see some title defenses, maybe a unification bout with Robbie Lawler? also you havnt even established a legacy, a dominace, nor even a solidified status in the top 10 at MW

Matimus » Posted 8/23/07 11:57:00PM

Id be happy retiring at 23-0

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

He should go make films, He will earn way more doing a couple B grade films. Imagine he did fight Silva, What would he earn $200,000 at the most! I dont know figures, But he 'Could' be a huge movie star with those kicks!

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

are you kidding me ? at a crossroads, your career has just begun, you have alot more fights ahead of you and id like to see some title defenses, maybe a unification bout with Robbie Lawler? also you havnt even established a legacy, a dominace, nor even a solidified status in the top 10 at MW

Figsak » Posted 6/19/08 3:07:00PM

Maybe he's a sore loser like me >:D

The kind of guy that wins, then quits so you can't beat me back.

We're the worst.

gsquat » Posted 11/15/07 5:00:00PM

Sucked into Hollywood. What a shame. He's one of the best strikers in MMA.

kaduey » Posted 1/27/07 1:53:00PM

Biggest fight scene of the year?! WOW! I guess he'd rather be an MTV movie awards winner than a legend in the sport of mma.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I thought we'd see a lot more of Cung Le. He's one of the most exciting strikers, and one of my favorites to watch. Now he's ready to go Hollywood? Come on Cung you haven't beaten anyone noteworthy aside from Frank (which was an awesome fight.

Why is he talking about a bout with Anderson Silva not happening? Of course it's not going to happen right now, you're fighting for Strikeforce! Join the UFC and you might eventually get a shot.

Good for him that he's going make some money in the movies, but it's dissapointing that MMA seems to be a passing fancy for him.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

he wants to be next jet li
let him go to hollywood seems to me he already made up his mind

jocka » Posted 9/6/07 12:47:00PM

I think its a good thing for him to do some movies, granted he is a really exiting fighther but if he is thinking about getting a fight with Silva lol he will have to be patience plus there is no way Cung is ever gonna beat him.

coldchillin » Posted 6/29/07 11:55:00AM

I was hoping Misaki was going to be the one to expose him. He's an exciting fighter but we haven't had to see him on the ground yet... he couldn't beat Maia or Palhares. The Spider would annihilate him.

[View Full Version of this Page]