MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Just a few updates...   [View Full Version]
DoTheMMAth » Posted 12/26/06 1:28:00PM

We have 2 more confirmed fights for the season opening UFC 67 event: Hoger vs Lyoto and Frankie Edgar vs Tyson Griffin. Make sure you get your picks in before fight night on the My Upcoming Events page. We're also getting close to having enough confirmed bouts taking place in the upcoming Pride 33 and UFC 68 to add them to the events list as well.

In other site news, we've had quite a few new member signups in the last few days which is great to see. A big thank you to all who have helped spread the word! Make sure stop by the Introduce Yourself forum to let us know who you are and how you came to be a mixed martial arts aficionado. We'd also like to announce the welcome addition of 4 more moderators (in alpha order): MMA, nate22, Omega, and zephead.

Thanks also to all who have submitted feedback in helping us come up with ways to improve the site functionality, suggesting useful features to make things easier around here, and pointing out bugs to get fixed. In the upcoming weeks we'll be adding more features and improvements, so stay tuned and keep the suggestions coming!

One final note: Lots of folks have been asking about having the upcoming Ultimate Fight Night being included for picks and wagers. While we understand that those who have found the site already would love to have an event a little sooner than February 3rd to score some points and place some wagers on, please bear with us for just a week and a half longer! /beg. The website hasn't even been online for a full week yet, and we'd like to give as many people as possible the chance to get in on the action from the season's start. Don't worry, all future Fight Night events will be featured as fair game, I promise!

UPDATE ADDENDUMS

We've added the confirmed matchups for both Pride 33 and UFC 68 to the table to get the picking and wagering rolling.

Our own nate22 has secured an upcoming interview with none other than the Vanilla Gorilla himself, Lodune Sincaid. Please post your questions and suggestions for the interview here.

If you'd like to see a fight camp ranking system implemented then we'd like to hear your input on how you'd like to see it done, forum topic here.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

glad to see we can now bet against Sam "Sausage Tits" Hoger

nate22 » Posted 1/15/07 8:21:00AM

LOL, I've just placed a wager that he will beat Machida.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

can we start betting on the pride 33 fight(s) yet

i know 1 is confirmed...

loller, give the guys a chance to set it up, bear in mind this is a new site that is growing fast and there is alot to do to maintain it.

As soon as it is possible the Pride card and betting will be set up, but I take it you want a wager on Wandy? I will take Hendo once it's up to make things interesting

hehe no, im all for hendo!
alright i'll be patient, sorry i get too excited sometimes lol..

btw, how'd you guys get the kharitorov vs yvel fight.. i know of it only as a rumor? ...

Not for like $400, I don't actually think Hendo will win.

also, can we bet on the elitexc event on feb. 10th on shotime? the lineup seems actually very decent with charles bennet, antonio silva, frank shamrock and renzo gracie along with others

ps nate.. i'd wager maybe 200 or 100 on hendo if you want silva

chubbud22 » Posted 1/22/07 5:21:00PM

Sam hoger what a great addition

[View Full Version of this Page]