MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Interview With Kaitlin Young   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Although this Saturday's groundbreaking event features a fight between two female fighters, one of them has received virtually all of the media's gushing attention; the other, hardly any at all. Odds makers have written this off as yet another opportunity for the celebrated beauty and star that is Gina Carano to notch another inevitable win onto her belt. And yet, quietly, her opponent, a 22-year old Minnesotan named Kaitlin Young, is singularly preparing herself for nothing but this fight. Nothing else, not right now.

LINK

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I think I'm the only one that thinks Kaitlin has a chance to pull the upset. I'd hate to see Gina's face a little mangled, but it has a decent chance of happening.

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

Posted by grappler0000

I think I'm the only one that thinks Kaitlin has a chance to pull the upset.

Not the only one, no. I think anyone who saw her BodogFight Hook n' Shoot tournament wins knows she's a handful. I'm picking Carano, but it's with the hope that Extreme Couture has given her a ground game, and that the submission win over Evinger wasn't a fluke. If this fight is just a Muay Thai match, I think it's pretty close to a toss-up.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by grappler0000

I think I'm the only one that thinks Kaitlin has a chance to pull the upset.

Not the only one, no. I think anyone who saw her BodogFight Hook n' Shoot tournament wins knows she's a handful. I'm picking Carano, but it's with the hope that Extreme Couture has given her a ground game, and that the submission win over Evinger wasn't a fluke. If this fight is just a Muay Thai match, I think it's pretty close to a toss-up.

That was pretty much my thought...if Gina were to get in trouble on her feet, I would assume that she has a better ground game. And who knows, maybe Handy has a slick gameplan for her. I will probably pick Gina to win as well, but I might throw a few bucks on Kaitlin.

holt8081 » Posted 6/25/07 12:06:00AM

Ya nobody knows anything about her she could be the next Gina who know.

The_Italian_Stallion » Posted 5/13/08 4:43:00PM

I think Kaitlin is being counted out to soon, I mean yeah she just lost but it's not like she's being fed to the bulls or anything.

I think the reason everyone has picked Gina Carano is because she is recognizable and memorable. She isn't amazing or a female GSP or Anderson Silva or anything.

She's a decent fighter going up against another decent fighter.

I hope she pulls it off cause I have a lot of money on her and the upset!

[View Full Version of this Page]