Danzig via decision 12 18%
Guida via (t)ko 13 20%
Danzig via (t)ko 2 3%
Guida via sub 3 5%
Danzig via sub 13 20%

Clay Guida vs Mac Danzig   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I'm having a really hard time picking this one. Both seem pretty evenly matched and well rounded and both have looked impressive lately. What are your thoughts?

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

guida is more skilled and athletic and should use his wrestling to grind out a decision. with that said, danzig is very smart and will take advantage if guida gets a little excited (which he has a tendancy to do). im still taking guida because of his raw skill advantage but mac could pull off a sub from the bottom if guida gets careless.

VictimSix » Posted 8/30/07 7:47:00PM

Tough fight to call. I think Danzig takes it if he can deal with Guida's wrestling.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

Really tough fight to call, i really like both guys. Guida has a clear advantage in his wrestling and the pace he will set, but i think macs got a pretty decent advantage in terms of striking and JJ. I think this will play a pretty big role, becouse guida does have a tendancey to get over excited and get a little wild, which would make for some good opportunities for mac to be able to crack him on the feet or sub him from the bottom. I cant see guida finishing mac, and hes been pretty unlucky with the judges in the past, so the odds might be stacked against him in that department since hes going against a tuf poster boy.

Anyways, im going with mac by a 3rd round tko, might change to sub closer to the time.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

I'm personally taking Danzig, I think it should be a good fight, with the winner coming by decison(probably split)

beachbum7568 » Posted 6/22/07 2:03:00PM

I have Danzig by decision. Both are too skilled to finish eachother. Mac is more technical and i think thats what will win him this fight.

Lockfrow » Posted 3/22/08 7:03:00PM

I think Danzig is the easy pic but I also think it will be an entertaining fight that will at least go into the 2nd RD.

Jlloyd » Posted 12/8/07 4:30:00PM

Danzig takes this for me

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I gotta go with my boy Guida on this one. He's motivated this year and he's not going to let some TUF noob come in and make a fool of him. He's faced tougher competition recently and Guida brings a pace few can match.

Brilliant matchmaking for this fight, though. I am more stoked for this fight than any others on the horizon currently. It will be a HL reel fight.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Call me crazy but I'm seriously thinking about picking Draw (I can do that in UFC Fantasy). That's how in the middle I am on this fight right now.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Guida is going to outwork Danzig in what will be a FOTY candidate.

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

Danzig by either standup war decision or submission.

SociopathX » Posted 3/24/08 8:25:00PM

this fight is gonna be awesome... of course any fight with Guida is Awesome.

I think this will be the fight that puts Danzig into the next level of fighters. He should be able to put Guida away ... 2nd rd choke out.

I love Danzig I think he will be a contender for the belt by next year.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Thanks all for the input. I definately think this is going to be a great fight. Right now im leaning more towards Guida just because I think Danzig has looked great fighting against mediocre fighters while Guida has looked great fighting against great fighters like Tyson Griffin, Marcus Aurelio, and Roger Huerta, granted he didn't win all those fights. I'm thinking he'll win a decision after a 3 round war.

fonduktoe » Posted 1/4/08 6:33:00PM

guida sets a blistering pace that i imo will knock danzig off balance
guida by tko 2nd round

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]