MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Manny Gamburyan Vs Rob Emerson set for UFC 87 + Karo fighting too   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Karo Parisyan is ready to return to the octagon after his upset loss to Thiago Alves.

In fact, Parisyan already knows the date of the fight, but not the opponent.

"I will be fighting August 9 in Minnesota," Parisyan said, "There are a couple of names being thrown around, but there’s no opponent yet."

Parisyan isn’t the only member of his family stepping back into the cage this summer. Ultimate Fighter season five runner-up Manny Gamburyan also has a match-up set.

“I am back in the Octagon in August against Rob Emerson,” said Gamburyan.

LINK

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Great.....I love to watch Karo fight....let's hope it's someone good, Serra could be interesting.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Yeh Karo Vs Serra would be great.

WAR THE TERROR!!

Red-Dragon » Posted 6/23/07 8:48:00AM

Manny would maul Emerson. Could be Robs last fight in UFC.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i think it will be rob's last fight

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

Could Karo be fighting Jake Shields?

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Since when was Karo's loss an upset?

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

manny is going to eat up rob!

karo should fight, dong hyun kim or Gono

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I'm not as sold on Manny killing Rob. Don't get me wrong I think Manny will win but Rob will put up a fight. He's a big strong 155er. He needs to definetally work on his takedown defense and keep this fight standing because he will have a huge advantage there. As for Karo coming back I can't wait to see who his opponent is.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Could Karo be fighting Jake Shields?

You're getting me super excited, though I know Jake Shields will never try to make the jump to the UFC. As it seems he's content with not fighting top competition...or fighting at all. I'd love to see Karo beat another Cesar Gracie boy though.
I can see someone like the winner of the Davis/Swick fight, or even Matt Serra.

As for Manny getting Rob Emerson, that's complete BS. Nate Diaz got tougher competition as he continued to beat people. Manny's beating people, and all he's getting is someone who finished way behind him on the show?

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

im a little disappointed that just about every guy on tuf 5 (diaz, wiman, lauzon) and mac danzig are all getting thier shot at a big step up in competition and manny is arguably the best of the bunch and he is still getting c level fights. i really want to see manny in there against a tyson griffin or marcus aurellio or even spencer fisher.

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

i can't wait to see both of these fights. i think they add alot of volume to the ufc 87 fight card.

Lockfrow » Posted 3/22/08 7:03:00PM

I'm not too excited about seeing Emerson get beat up. There are more exciting match-ups for Manny. This fight wont do anything to help his career.

tylerlee123 » Posted 11/30/07 1:16:00PM

Interested to see who Karo fights hopefullt its Ghono, Man cant wait to see Gamburyan tear it up again

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Karo will fight Dan Hardy ..thats my guess atleast

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]