MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Cheick Kongo vs. Dan Evensen Set: UFC 87   [View Full Version]
king_katool » Posted 3/8/08 3:32:00PM

French striker Cheick Kongo will look to get back on his winning streak when he takes on UFC newcomer Dan Evensen. They will battle it out at UFC 87: ‘Seek and Destroy' to be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn., on August 9.
www.topgunmma.com/viewArticle.php?articleID=10399

Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

I still think Kongo can develope into a top level mixed martial artist. I hope he can get a win and continue his progression, and become a title threat in a couple of years. The UFC HW division needs guys to start developing into top level fighters.

89vision » Posted 5/3/08 3:50:00PM

pshh why dana? could have made it arlovski vs kongo

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Arlovski is not in the UFC anymore

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

Posted by Pookie

89vision » Posted 5/3/08 3:50:00PM

Posted by Pookie

person number 8 to say that, thanks, you know that was hypothetical....right?

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Pookie

But he's not with anyone else yet for definate, so there's still hope he might re-sign

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

Evensen is a new fighter that they'll look to test. Does this mean that Kongo has been relegated to gatekeeper in the HW division? Or guy that new fighters face? Wow, losing to Heath Herring can do a lot of bad things to a person.

rabbit915 » Posted 10/23/07 3:00:00PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Evensen is a new fighter that they'll look to test. Does this mean that Kongo has been relegated to gatekeeper in the HW division? Or guy that new fighters face? Wow, losing to Heath Herring can do a lot of bad things to a person.

No, I think they are trying to build him into a star. They are going to have him rack up a bunch of easy wins while he develops a ground game and then use him as a main event when the UFC finally enters Europe. Thats my guess anyway.

[View Full Version of this Page]