MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Matt Lindland cruises to Republican primary victory   [View Full Version]
Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

MMA veteran and aspiring politician Matt Lindland won Tuesday's Republican primary for the Oregon House of Representatives in the 52nd district -- by 14 percentage points.

According to today's report from KATU.com, Lindland secured 2,410 votes (57 percent); opponent Phyllis Thiemann recorded just 1,803 votes (43 percent).

Source

imanidiot777 » Posted 1/22/08 12:25:00PM

Good to see people attempting at least some civil duties, although when you make as much as senators its kind of a joke.

snakeplissken » Posted 2/17/07 4:55:00PM

So he's like the US answer to Cro Cop then now?

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

If only he was a member of SWAT or a SEAL or something

thatfedorsohotrightnow » Posted 2/13/07 6:18:00PM

Great for Matt. This is a guy the UFC NEEDS to sign. Top 3 middle weights need to be in the UFC. Hopefully he makes some positive change in the state gov.

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

Well......atleast he is a Republican!

aaa9erh8er » Posted 10/28/07 4:52:00PM

lol i dont really know what to say matt the congfressmwen

gsquat » Posted 11/15/07 5:00:00PM

Congratualtions to "The Law". If he's as tough politically as he is in the ring, he'll do just fine.

PaleHorse » Posted 7/24/07 5:30:00PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Thats why you had such a big problem with marijuana. Ok I just know not to pay attention to your worthless posts.

GJ Matt

PS - The UFC seems to be trying to keep title contenders or possible future title contenders, and Matt Lindland is getting way older, the last win I saw him get was against Carlos Newton in the IFL where he looked good, but I think Newton should have tried to stay at 170, and he's definately not in the title picture at 185 either, not to mention Dana White doesn't like him, which doesn't help anything.

Mayo » Posted 1/25/07 1:57:00PM

I can't picture Lindland wearing a suit

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

WOW why would anyone want Lindland being someone to head up there community. I wouldn't even want him working for me more less leading my community.

Trench777 » Posted 2/14/07 12:15:00AM

Go Matt!

Note: He got approx 3000 of the approx 5000 votes cast. There's 5000 demon-crats sipping lattes in Starbucks in Oregon right now. I'd put his odds of winning the actual seat (or any Republican in Oregon for that matter) at roughly the same odds as Tito Ortiz getting a big wet kiss & gold watch for retirerment from Dana White.

Hopefully I'm wrong (about Lindland, not Tito & Dana).

T777

Lockfrow » Posted 3/22/08 7:03:00PM

Lindland has a good chance, he's probably running for a eastside seat. I doubt he would win in Portland.

Kracker_Jap » Posted 12/27/07 9:23:00PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by jakeiceman

Thats why you had such a big problem with marijuana. Ok I just know not to pay attention to your worthless posts.

Do you flush after making post like that???

[View Full Version of this Page]