MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Who wants to see Wand vs. Rampage 3   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

I really want to see this fight. I believe if Wanderlei is in the best shape he can be in, and he goes back and trains at chute boxe he could dismantle Quinton again. Rampage has grew as a better fighter ssince those losses and he would give Wanderlei a hell of a fight.

Thoughts?

Ben_Hutch » Posted 11/21/07 11:53:00AM

Wand would have to earn in, i guess all our questions will be answered at UFC 84, i personally feel Rampage would dismantel Wandy.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i think 3rd time will be a charm for rampage

tylerlee123 » Posted 11/30/07 1:16:00PM

I think Rampage will ask for this fight down the road if Silva can rack up a few wins , Rampage will want to avenge those two brutal losses he suffered at the hands of the axe murderer

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I would LOVE this fight. I can't think of any other ones that would get me as motivated to watch.

I gotta go with Wandy being able to drop Jackson again. It's not too often you see a fighter (if ever) win the last one if they didn't win the first two.

Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

Wand needs to win a few more fights within the UFC before he gets a shot at Rampage as a title holder. However if Rampage loses to Forrest, we could see Rampage vs Wand sooner.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I would like to see it too. Regardless of who wins, it would just be a sick rematch. The way things are goin for wand though, I don't see happening anytime soon.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I would like to see it too. Regardless of who wins, it would just be a sick rematch. The way things are goin for wand though, I don't see happening anytime soon.

Completely agree on all points. The only way I could see this fight happening anytime sooner, would be if Rampage lost the title and Wandy defeats Jardine in their upcoming bouts. Would the match still have that much appeal if it wasn't for the title? Anyway, if Rampage continues his title run Wandy will still have to get a couple consecutive quality wins to earn a shot.

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think 3rd time will be a charm for rampage

I'd agree with you on that. I think Rampage has progressed as a fighter in the recent years. I think he's definatly a better fighter then he was the last time he fought Wanderlei. On the other hand, it's hard not to see Wandy on the decline. The only part I could see Silva possibly having a advantage in is the mental aspect, having already KO'd Rampage twice. However, I think Rampage's progression includes becoming more mature and smarter(inside the cage), which should help him out with this.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Rampage may have progressed, but has his clinch defence? If it's not at the highest level Wand and Shogun would do the same thing over and over and over. I think Wand will earn it, at least I hope he will.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

i would. i hope wandy gets his fire back in him.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

i want to see this. rampage would win it.

but i dont see this fight happening unless wandy beats jardine and strings some more wins together to get in line for a title shot.

or if rampage looses his title.

i have jardine beating wandy and rampage beating forrest. soo

Lockfrow » Posted 3/22/08 7:03:00PM

I'd like to see it if Wandy can get back on track.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

I'd LOVE this fight. I definitely want to see it! If their going to give Liddell a third shot at Rampage if he keeps winning then why not give Wandy a shot if he keeps winning especially since he already beat Rampage twice and gave Liddell hell too?

I just think it will be different for the simple fact Rampage trains with a great boxing coach so his stand up is better and he gave Wandy hell on the feet in the 2nd fight. And the BIG FACTOR is PRIDE was a organization that favored kickboxing. The UFC is a place that favors wrestlers and I will say to my grave that Rampage would have beaten Wandy the 1st time if it hadn't been for one of the worst stand up's in MMA history. Unlike the PRIDE refs, the UFC refs will let Rampage work since they allow LNP so as long as Rampage works he could have GNP'd a decision in that fight!!!

This fight would definitely top both previous fights and would be an absolute WAR!!! I just think Rampage's improved stand up and the fact CC, Hendo, and Liddell showed how you can avoid the clinch easily, and the fact Rampage can actually GNP in this fight, I say Rampage KO in the 2nd in a WAR!!!!!

aceprone » Posted 1/16/07 2:25:00AM

I would like to see the rematch, but the rematch that I would like to see before Wandy vs Rampage, is Shogun vs Rampage. That fight needs to happen first!

But I do want Wandy to tear through Jardine. I have nothing against Jardine, its just the Chuck and Wandy debate is finally over and I'm happy with the result. It's just time for Wandy to start kicking some ass again!

chubbud22 » Posted 1/22/07 5:21:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I'd LOVE this fight. I definitely want to see it! If their going to give Liddell a third shot at Rampage if he keeps winning then why not give Wandy a shot if he keeps winning especially since he already beat Rampage twice and gave Liddell hell too?

I just think it will be different for the simple fact Rampage trains with a great boxing coach so his stand up is better and he gave Wandy hell on the feet in the 2nd fight. And the BIG FACTOR is PRIDE was a organization that favored kickboxing. The UFC is a place that favors wrestlers and I will say to my grave that Rampage would have beaten Wandy the 1st time if it hadn't been for one of the worst stand up's in MMA history. Unlike the PRIDE refs, the UFC refs will let Rampage work since they allow LNP so as long as Rampage works he could have GNP'd a decision in that fight!!!

This fight would definitely top both previous fights and would be an absolute WAR!!! I just think Rampage's improved stand up and the fact CC, Hendo, and Liddell showed how you can avoid the clinch easily, and the fact Rampage can actually GNP in this fight, I say Rampage KO in the 2nd in a WAR!!!!!

I totally agree with you man; I would love to see this fight happen in the Octagon. Rampge seems unstoppable so far and Wand hs ko'd him twice, this fight just makes sense. Wand has to gey by Jardine and Page has to get by Forrest(Obviously). Then this should happen unless they (theUFC) gives Machida a shot (if he beats Tito) which is also a strong possibility.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]