MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
PRIDE USA President Ed Fishman Challenges UFC to $40 Million Tournament   [View Full Version]
nate22 » Posted 1/15/07 8:21:00AM

LINK

Well the title says it all really, a UFC vs Pride tournament with the best against the best as proposed by Fishman.

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Yeah, I posted about this in the Pride vs UFC forum and was glad no one started an argument about it on the front page. I hope Fishman buys pride and stops the bleeding. Losing Werdum hurts them , and I don't want to see MMa monopolized.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

somethingclever » Posted 1/25/07 6:34:00PM

Why would the UFC take them up on this? They are making plenty of money under their current business model.

Dana does not want to copromote--he wants to OUTRIGHT BUY Pride.

Bottomline- I am confident this will not happen.

Blindsided » Posted 1/27/07 5:41:00PM

Here's my take on the eight fights I think would happen.

Fedor Vs. CroCop - Fedor by Split Decesion
Big Nog Vs. Tim Sylvia - Big Nog by Triangle Choke in the 1st
Chuck Vs. Wandy - Chuck by TKO in the 2nd
Rampage Vs. Shogun - Shogun by Unanimous Decesion
Anderson Silva Vs. Hendo - Silva by KO in the 2nd
Franklin Vs. Filho - Franklin by Unanimous Decesion
Gomi Vs. Penn - Penn by TKO in the 1st
Melendez Vs. Sherk - Sherk by TKO in the 3rd

I would have the UFC 5 to 3, but almost all the fights are toss-ups. I only feel 100% sure on the Big Nog Vs. Sylvia fight.

roadking95th » Posted 1/17/07 2:43:00PM

It would be a great idea, but why would the UFC take the challenge? There are two negatives for the UFC. 1: It would give Pride greater exposure, in the US, to the new MMA fans that Pride has been unable to attain themselves. 2: The UFC's greatest division is being left out, the 170lb. division.

To be fair, the tournament would have to be the best out of ten. I think the longer it takes for a tournament to happen, the less of a chance Pride has to win.

[View Full Version of this Page]