MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
HEAD OF THE CLASS: ASU WRESTLERS TAKE ON MMA   [View Full Version]
F--K_Luck_AuH2O » Posted 8/29/07 6:36:00PM

"Wrestlers have always had a special place in the world of mixed martial arts. One particular group of wrestlers from Arizona State University have made a mark lately, positioning themselves as the new breed of athletes competing in MMA.

While Arizona State has always been a top school for collegiate wrestling, it has also produced many top MMA fighters including Dan Severn, Dan Henderson, and Don Frye. Now, a new group of grapplers from Arizona State has proven the team still knows how to produce great fighters.

C.B. Dollaway, Ryan Bader, and Cain Velasquez were all a part of the Arizona State wrestling team. Recently, all three have made successful transitions into MMA..."

...Read More

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

already posted LINK

Meh...

One out of Three aint bad.

Vietnamese_Guy » Posted 1/24/07 3:17:00PM

isn't C.B. Dollaway a striker?

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

isn't C.B. Dollaway a striker?

nope, his biggest strenght is his great wrestling and GnP, although he's showed some decent stand up.

He is a wrestler...unless It was a TKD match and nobody told me.

thesteven5918 » Posted 6/22/07 12:20:00PM

i have a wrestling back round and backround in various others and consider myself a freestyle fighter...... i just think now all wrestlers are gonna think they can do mma easily now..... they are gonna be great for conditioning and weight cutting but they are gonna need work in other areas..... im not hating at all on any one im just saying for wrestlers considering be sure u learn ur stuff cuz its not all about taking down and hiiting

Raykill » Posted 4/2/08 11:29:00AM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

"Wrestlers have always had a special place in the world of mixed martial arts. One particular group of wrestlers from Arizona State University have made a mark lately, positioning themselves as the new breed of athletes competing in MMA.

While Arizona State has always been a top school for collegiate wrestling, it has also produced many top MMA fighters including Dan Severn, Dan Henderson, and Don Frye. Now, a new group of grapplers from Arizona State has proven the team still knows how to produce great fighters.

C.B. Dollaway, Ryan Bader, and Cain Velasquez were all a part of the Arizona State wrestling team. Recently, all three have made successful transitions into MMA..."

...Read More

I thought ASU dropped there wrestling program

Nice avatar

Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, and the entire US wrestling community brought it back.

[View Full Version of this Page]