MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Most Anticipated Fight Ever?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DirtySouthBoss » Posted 2/14/07 2:48:00PM

If things go as planned for Cro Cop then he thinks that by the end of the year he will be both the UFC HW Champ and fighting Fedor on New Years. If the UFC and Pride champs fight each other for Fedor v. CC 2 I think that it would have to be considered the biggest matchup of all time for MMA between casual and hardcore fans alike.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=E4CA4AC1F2CFF1872FD97C9E78095042.hydra?id=1428458

As for leaving the UFC ,he answers that in part one of the interview.I'll paste it here
Mirko: "I will be the UFC champion in three matches."

That's great but would the UFC's president Dana White let you have a title match within three fights?

Mirko:" Actually he(Dana White) was going to match me up with Tim Sylvia. I guess Tim ran away(laughing). Right now I am very hungry. I want to fight every 2 and a half to three months. I want to have the belt by the summer and have a fight in the fall, then fight in Japan on New Years."
In Japan?

Mirko:" Yes. Pride and the UFC are rival organizations, but I think I can bring them together. You will have Pride's Champion Fedor and UFC champion and Pride Open weight Champion me. This is my real hope."

I got this interview from hippy... Props dude

hathcock32 » Posted 1/16/07 8:07:00PM

who cares that fight is still a year a way....and cro cops still got fights to win. As of now im more pumped about guys he hasnt faught AA, Big Tim

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

I would much rather see Cro Cop fight Cotoure than Sylvia. Hopefully that is what we will end up seeing anyway. But more than either of those, I want to see CC fight Arlovski. I think that will be a great fight.

I know but that is why I just asked it as a question. A lot of people do feel that CC is favored to have the belt by the end of the year.

No doubt I definetly want to see him fight AA and Silvia in the mean time.

fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

Man I really hope Dana and Sakibara(sp?) don't mess this up for us, seriously this fight HAS to happen soon, while they are both on top of their game. It's so tough to call, because CC has improved soooo much and Fedor is well Fedor and he's a monster and pound for pound #1 in the world. I still think that Fedor pulls it out in that CC groundgame is nowhere near Fedor's.

richieb19 » Posted 2/4/07 7:47:00PM

Ken Shamrock Vs. Tito Ortiz at UFC 40 was probably the most anticipated match to date. If Wanderlei Silva Vs. Chuck Liddell where to happen I bet that would probably take the cake.

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by richieb19

Ken Shamrock Vs. Tito Ortiz at UFC 40 was probably the most anticipated match to date. If Wanderlei Silva Vs. Chuck Liddell where to happen I bet that would probably take the cake.

Wandy/Chuck has to be the most debated topic in the history of american MMA IMO

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

The best thing is that these two matches might happen! Anyway did you hear on Pride FC the other night on FSN that Pride was the one who set everything up for the UFC for Chuck vs Wandy and that the UFC was the one who is backing out of it?

mmadb » Posted 1/17/07 11:21:00AM

Giant Silva vs. Akebono for sure.

It had classic written all over it. I don't know what happened though.

THE_AXE_MURDERER » Posted 1/24/07 7:35:00PM

Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell is the most anticipated fight ever although Cro Cop Fedor is a great fight it doesnt have what the Silva Liddell fight has since Fedor obvisously has fought Mirko before.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by fedorwins1

The best thing is that these two matches might happen! Anyway did you hear on Pride FC the other night on FSN that Pride was the one who set everything up for the UFC for Chuck vs Wandy and that the UFC was the one who is backing out of it?

I wouldn't beleive anything either side says about this, because none of us can prove anything. They both blame eachother., Only Dana/Sakibara and God know the truth. This I firmly beleive Wandy and Chuck are both warriors, and want to fight eachother

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

richieb19 » Posted 2/4/07 7:47:00PM

I want to ****...I want to fight with Chuck...

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/chuck%2Bliddell%2Bwanderlei%2Bsilva/video/xyafl_wanderlei-silva-vs-chuck-liddell

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Since CC vs. Fedor has already happened once, my most anticipated fights are, (in no particular order)

Chuck/Wanderlei

Chuck/Shogun

Shogun/Wanderlei

Wanderlei/Lil Nog

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell is the most anticipated fight ever although Cro Cop Fedor is a great fight it doesnt have what the Silva Liddell fight has since Fedor obvisously has fought Mirko before.

Could very well be true. Each would be crazy. I wonder what it would take for both of these fights to happen in about a years time. Chuck and Wandy would sell the fight because they dont like eachother while CC and Fedor are pretty boring with their pre-fight actions. The point was to just see which fight people preferred.

I wish Fedor would rush the Octagon after CC's next fight and give him the stare down.

Snacks » Posted 1/30/07 8:03:00PM

Matsune/Hokazowno

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]