MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Report: UFC 85 to air on pay-per-view (PPV)   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

UFC 85 from the O2 Arena in London, England, on June 7, will be a pay-per-view (PPV) event, according to the most recent print edition of the Wrestling Observer newsletter.

Dave Meltzer reports that he has received confirmation from the organization, which contradicts a recent statement from Rashad Evans that indicated it would air for free on SpikeTV.

Look for UFC 85 to be marketed heavily with a 10 p.m. ET PPV start time, which will be on tape delay, and the LIVE broadcast to be available earlier on Saturday afternoon.

That’s how the last few UFC shows abroad have worked, anyway.

UFC 85 also features that heavyweight showdown between Fabricio Werdum and Brandon Vera, as well as a dynamite welterweight match up between Mike Swick and Marcus Davis

LINK

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Damnit!!!! This is why I hate the rumor mill sometimes!!!!!

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Then again, I think I'll be at a baseball game that night, so I'll need my live spoilers anyway.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I refuse to pay for a tape delay and hope everyone else will as well.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Kpro

Does that mean you will be watching it Live or not at all?

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

we were planning a Beer & BBQ afternoon and pay for it to watch it live when it was Liddell-Shogun..... then with the changes It was ok for me to have the tape delay on Spike but now I'm not buying it.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

looks like dana screwed us again!!! i thought we would have at least 2 freebies this year, like last year now it is looking like we might not even get one. i don't mind the tape delay at all but it would be nice if he kept his word for once

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

Posted by juanez13

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOG ABUSE!

no seriously i agree. this sucks

mutosufan » Posted 8/18/07 8:58:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

looks like dana screwed us again!!! i thought we would have at least 2 freebies this year, like last year now it is looking like we might not even get one. i don't mind the tape delay at all but it would be nice if he kept his word for once

Uhhhhhh.........do you know there is a Fight Night this wednesday that is as good as just about any Main Event? And it is FRREEEEEEE

People talk trash about UFC events, the nturn around and give props to EliteXC for putting out a great card when truth be known it is worse than any Fight Night card.

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by juanez13

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOG ABUSE!

IMO its a horse

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by juanez13

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOG ABUSE!

IMO its a horse

Yeah, haven't you heard of the phrase, "You're beating a dead horse"? Obviously, that's not what he used the gif for as he was just showing his anger. lol
Anyways, it is definitely a horse.

jgtribbett » Posted 3/15/07 6:33:00PM

Posted by Kpro

hahahahahhahahahahahaha sorry just funny.. I was think the same thing

can you imagine t he promo:

8 Hour Delay ... On PAY PER VIEW!!!.

I remember Vince Mcmahon saying Live on PPV when iw as younger watching wreslting (I was 8)
He would've been murdered for saying Delayed

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Posted by mutosufan

Posted by prozacnation1978

Uhhhhhh.........do you know there is a Fight Night this wednesday that is as good as just about any Main Event? And it is FRREEEEEEE

People talk trash about UFC events, the nturn around and give props to EliteXC for putting out a great card when truth be known it is worse than any Fight Night card.

I DONT LIKE LIARS!!! MAYBE U DO!!!!

rice118 » Posted 3/2/08 11:04:00PM

this sucks but at least we go ufc fight night and TUF final in july...

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]