Urijah "California Kid" Faber 14 36%
...Bruce Lee... duh 8 21%

Dream Match-up: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Urijah Faber   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

The top 2 FW champions in all of MMA

Who wins?

chubbud22 » Posted 1/22/07 5:21:00PM

I think Faber has gotton buy a lot of opponets Cause he is so f ing strong for a 145 pounder, but I think Kid would wipe up the floor with him. Kid is just so far above Faber technicaly I think he wins this fight pretty easily,but that just my Opinion.

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

I'd Also Give it to Kid, he's got great wresteling and K-1 level striking, i just think he is all aorund better than faber. I think faber is great, but I'll be surprised if he even lasts 3 with Kid.

But really, does it matter?? Bruce lee is gonna beat the shit out of them anyways, even better for faber if he is knocked out on the floor, because everyone knows its useless to try and fight back.

I agree, i think Yamamoto is the more technically proficient wrestler and the more dangerous striker

p_unit23 » Posted 1/24/07 5:02:00PM

KID YAMAMOTO!! This is the one fight that i wanna see!!! Yamamoto would own Faber. Faber is one tough mofo though, but i see Kid getting the victory here. This is a dream fight that i'm sure everyone would wanna see.

ICSlegend » Posted 3/10/08 7:45:00PM

Bruce Lee.

Kid is on a whole other level. Would be an exciting fight though.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Kid is good, but like many fighters who fight only on the Japanese circuit, he has gained 80% of his wins blowing through weak opponents. He has great technique, but I want to see him pressured by a fighter like Faber who basically has only fought experienced opponents for most of his career. I think Faber would destroy him personally.

When you compare the records of the two fighters, Kid has actually faced tougher competition.

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

faber is pure but yamamoto is better but i think the revived jens pulver could take em both

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by Pookie

When you compare the records of the two fighters, Kid has actually faced tougher competition.

I really don't know how you came to this conclusion to be quite honest. Kid has fought Genki Sudo, Caol Uno, Rani Yahya, Jeff Curran and Josh Thompson and he went to a no contest with Thompson, so really he has only beaten 4 competitors that were really worthy (Royler is a well known fighter, but he is only 5-4).

Urijah on the other hand, since losing his only match to Tyson Griffin in 2005, has beaten all of his opponents with only one having a losing record, and none of which have gone to decision.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

well I was gonna go with the big ol U till I saw Bruce Lee anyway some day some day I would like to see that Japanise guy from EXC fight faber with leg locks like that I was thinkin bring on faber

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Urijah Faber has fought 8 people who could be considered "cans"(.500 win record or below), and 2 of the non-can victories are against people who are currently on 3+ fight losing streaks against decent competition.

Yamamoto has also faced 8 people who were "cans"(.500 win record or below).

So upon further research it basically evens out. Although i personally would say Sudo and Yanha are a step above anyone Faber has faced thus far.

And that Josh thompson was a NC because Yamamoto got kicked in the balls, hard.
I fail to see how that makes a negative impression. Especially when Josh is considered by alot of hardcore fans as a borderline top ten, with victories over Franca, Mccullough, Ludwig, and Doug Evans.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

In a Ring: Kid by Decision
In a Cage: Uriah by Decision

It will come down to which one they fight in. Both are very talented but are extremely comfortable in which environment they fight in. So for me it depends where they fight IMO. Would be a sick war though in either!!

WhiteWidow » Posted 2/6/08 7:02:00PM

i dont know why Kid dosnt just go over to the WEC and dethrown him, is he really attatched to Japan at the waist, i wish alot of these japanese fighters would fight out west, so many racist fans think the UFC has all the best when theres alot of top contenders fighting over seas not just in Japan but all over

Posted by WhiteWidow

i dont know why Kid dosnt just go over to the WEC and dethrown him, is he really attatched to Japan at the waist, i wish alot of these japanese fighters would fight out west, so many racist fans think the UFC has all the best when theres alot of top contenders fighting over seas not just in Japan but all over

Kid makes alot of money overseas, much more than the WEC would offer him... just like Urijah will make much more in the WEC then he would overseas.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]