MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 85: Jason 'The Punisher' Lambert vs. Luiz 'Banha' Arthur Cane   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ufc88 » Posted 7/15/07 2:11:00AM

The Punisher looks to get back in the win column after being KO'd by Wilson Gouveia while 'Banha' looks to get his first win in the UFC after being DQ'd for an illegal knee to James Irvin's head while on the ground.....
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11883

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

Nice, should be a slug fest! I think I'll take Luiz Cane.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Got my attention...I liked Canes statement of Irvin...should be a banger!!

xposipx » Posted 4/30/07 2:39:00PM

Couldnt wait for Cane's debut and it sucked. He was going to win that fight too. Anyways, hope he KO's Lambert.

BlazinSaddle » Posted 2/3/08 10:03:00PM

Posted by xposipx

Couldnt wait for Cane's debut and it sucked. He was going to win that fight too. Anyways, hope he KO's Lambert.

Cane was going to win, but yeah Irvin took the easy way out with a knee that barely hit him i guess he needs wins

Im taking Cane in this fight as well

coldchillin » Posted 6/29/07 11:55:00AM

Cane via 1st Round KO.

F--K_Luck_AuH2O » Posted 8/29/07 6:36:00PM

I to think he took the easy way out...and this is why he's being fed to Alexander Houston on national television.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Lambert is a wrestler, why would he slug it out with a good striker like Cane???

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Lambert is a wrestler, why would he slug it out with a good striker like Cane???

Good point, for some reason that is the first thought that came to my mind is that they are going to slug it out. Yet, you are right, Lambert will want to take this fight to the mat.

MondayNiteMauser » Posted 6/27/07 12:18:00AM

Lambert can bang but his chin has been proven to be suspect....Cain 2nd TKO

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

As long as he learned the rules, Luiz has a great future ahead of him. If he gets taken down, he can submit Jason. But I think some point in the fight they will exchange on the feet and Luiz will drop him for a 1st round Knockout.

candynuts » Posted 12/6/07 1:36:00PM

I think Lambert will be able to earhole his way to a victory.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

I couldn't agree more. Lambert will definetally want to take this fight to the ground. I don't think he should have a problem doing that since he's the bigger stronger guy either. I think Lambert will take this fight in a Decision.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by CornishMMA

Good point, for some reason that is the first thought that came to my mind is that they are going to slug it out. Yet, you are right, Lambert will want to take this fight to the mat.

Yeah bud its just coming off the KO loss and all, he didnt try to stand and bang with Wilson much and when he did, he lost, so i see him going all out for takedowns and likely getting them, its just whether Cane can KO him in the meantimes!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

glad to see cane get another chance, i saw the fight live, he hit irvin hard, i didn't think he should have not continued, but i would like to see a rematch of irvin vs cane and also thiago silva in that matter. should be a interesting fight,

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]