MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Koppenhaver returns at UFC 84 against Yoshiyuki Yoshida   [View Full Version]
Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

link

Koppenhaver third round stoppage of Jared Rollins last December capped off one of the most action-packed bouts of 2007, and on Saturday, May 24th, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, 170-pound prospect Jon Koppenhaver will kick off his 2008 campaign when he faces UFC newcomer Yoshiyuki Yoshida in a UFC 84 preliminary bout.

Also added to the undercard is a welterweight contest between England’s Jason Tan and Korea’s Dong Hyun Kim.

GlancyMMA » Posted 3/5/07 12:16:00PM

It'll be exciting to see if he can follow up that battle with J-Roc....

Considering this guy didn't make the original TUF list and was brought in as a replacement he put up quite a showing in his first UFC match.

Let's see how he holds up against a veteran like Yoshiyuki Yoshida a solid 9-2-0 Shooto and GCM cage fighter....

I think I'd have to give this one to Yoshi... although I'm hoping War Machine will grind it out for an exciting bout.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I loved Koppenhavers fight on the TUF Finale. Can't wait to see him again. Should be an all out war since it looks like they brought in a guy that will stand and bang with him. Hope to see this fight.

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

I'm also taking Yoshida. Should be a good fight regardless the winner.

imanidiot777 » Posted 1/22/08 12:25:00PM

Yoshida will probably win but I want Koppenhaver.

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

i like Koppenhaver, but im def picking Yoshida.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I like the kid a lot, just hope he can get his head in the right place. If he can withstand punishment and still dole it out like he did against J-Rock, I can see him taking this one.

War War Machine...that doesn't sound right.

Daddyprimetime » Posted 10/22/07 2:11:00PM

Koppenhaver may not be one of the greatest fighters, but the kid has so much heart that it will really pay off for him one day.

babytater03 » Posted 8/28/07 10:32:00AM

Here's why i like WM. He and J-Rock were given a huge stage to perform on. And instead of dancing around and looking for a huge KTFO or working on particluar angle, they went in there and put on (IMAO) one of the best fights Zuffa's ever provided. Now to just get J-Rock back in the ring.

I hope for nothing but the best for WM here. AND i will be picking him, though i'm sure it will be an upset for him to pull it out.

GlancyMMA » Posted 3/5/07 12:16:00PM

I have to agree I would put that up there and one of the best fights of the year, regardless of lack of technique it was a hell of a battle...

I would love to see more bouts like that....

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Jon Koppenhaver will have my support on this one...tough opponent though DAMN!!!

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

WAR WARMACHINE!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

good fight to bad it will not make main card, but i see yoshida winning this one

[View Full Version of this Page]