MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC negotiating with Fedor for 1 fight deal   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

just read this and figured it was worth posting. if its a 1 fight deal the odds are they can get this thing done and we can finally see fedor vs randy.
link

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

That scenario makes the most sense to me. Hell yes!

iwannabesedated » Posted 1/21/07 9:47:00PM

So if it DOES and that's a BIG DOES Happen and is a 1 fight deal..Id assume it would be a non-title fight.Cause if Fedor would win what would he be,Co-Champ,Intermin champ either way i hope it happens that way win or lose we could get Randy to Fight Nog and have an undisputed UFC champ..and put an end to all this Intermin champ stuff.

saemskin » Posted 12/13/07 12:06:00PM

What about Randy's recent statement that his fight with Fedor will never happen in the UFC? Curious if he would really come back for this since it's what he claims to want.
time will tell, eh?

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Sweet..

nastshabast » Posted 5/24/07 1:04:00AM

I think a one fight deal is very risky for Fedor.

ufc88 » Posted 7/15/07 2:11:00AM

IMO they're going to make it a title fight to unify the pride and ufc belt.. and i think the contract will have a clause that says if fedor wins his contract reopens to a 3 fight deal or something. The ufc would not take a chance of fedor coming in and smashing randy infront of all the ufc fans and then just letting randy go..
i think if fedor puts on a good fight or wins he will be signed for a longer contract and if randy wins he will then unify the belt with nog and thatll be it for him...
i really dont think the ufc would let fedor leave if he beats randy it just makes no sense from a promotional standpoint because all of the mainstream fans will be exposed to this and wil follow him to another next org..
he will be in the ufc for good

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Why would he fight Randy?! Bog Nog is the HW champ. Randy is too busy doing shitty movies these days

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

I hoped to see fedor sign a bit longer deal but if this were to happen it would be great as well

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

I'm fairly sure this isn't just a one fight deal. But this is a good move by the UFC. If they get him to agree this forces Randy in a corner. Either put up or shut up. If Randy refuses this helps the UFC's court case a lot. "We gave him the fight he wanted and he is still refusing to hold up to his end of the contract." But wouldn't shock me to see Randy say no because this fight was not to prove anything it was about the big payday for Randy. Randy's hole issue is all about money nothing more nothing less.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

IMO opinion it will not happen, if they sign him to a one fight deal, which fedor will agree to, then Fedor beats Nog or Randy he'll probably sign elsewhere so he can compete in Sambo, ruining Dana's claim that he has the best fighters. There are always strings attached when you are dealing with promoters.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by cmill21

IMO opinion it will not happen, if they sign him to a one fight deal, which fedor will agree to, then Fedor beats Nog or Randy he'll probably sign elsewhere so he can compete in Sambo, ruining Dana's claim that he has the best fighters. There are always strings attached when you are dealing with promoters.

Fedor will lose badly against Randy and Dana will be able to say " see he came and he is not as good as some internet expects anti UFC are screaming non stop " !!

Go Randy rd 2 TKO !!

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Fedor will lose badly against Randy and Dana will be able to say " see he came and he is not as good as some internet expects anti UFC are screaming non stop " !!

Go Randy rd 2 TKO !!

That really made no sense to me lol, but I would love to make an avtar bet with you, I hate that cat.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Go Randy rd 2 TKO !!

You guys should combine your powers to be biased against everything.

Lol I wasn't being bias I just said I don't think it will happen because if on some wild random puch acctually takes down the unbeatable fighter in Couture or Nog then he would have Dana by the balls.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]