MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White: "I'm Tring To Fix The Arlovski Issue"   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BlazinSaddle » Posted 2/3/08 10:03:00PM

Link

personally i think they'll give him another contract and will either get #1 contendership right away (of corse of randy and fedor dont come) or he'll get 1 more warmup fight then #1 contendership provided he wins

Link 2

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

I'm not sure he deserves be the #1 contender. But same time not real sure who does either.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

I think you've got to sign him. The UFC keeps going overseas and losing money on shows in the UK so they can fork out the money to sign this guy. They just acquired Budweiser as a sponsor so that will give them some extra dough. He's a fan favorite and he is still young so he may get better. Dana will come through with this.

BlazinSaddle » Posted 2/3/08 10:03:00PM

Posted by telnights

I'm not sure he deserves be the #1 contender. But same time not real sure who does either.

well like i said if re-signed hes either #1 right away or #2 hoping to win one more to get to #1 contender

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Man i hope to god that the UFC re-sign Arlovski! Props to Dana though for owning up to his mistake!

I really hope this all gets sorted out an Arlovski is fighting again soon! They guys a animal and i love watching him fight!... Just no more ground fighters please!

Great find man!!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Arlovski is seriously the top contender at HW. He's beat the guys that beat Hearring. And Hearring Beat Kongo. And Arlovski beat Werdum. That's pretty close to cleaning out the top guys in the division.

disorderlyvision » Posted 2/22/07 12:49:00PM

Inside MMA, also mentioned something about arlovski coaching in the IFL on their last episode.

nastshabast » Posted 5/24/07 1:04:00AM

Some organization will hit the jackpot if they can sign Andre. I hope he goes to Dream.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I would love to see Arlovski resign with the UFC. Although I'm not going to get excited about it just yet. After it happens then I'll be on this board with joy. Because Dana, even though I like him. Doesn't always do what he says.

saemskin » Posted 12/13/07 12:06:00PM

Posted by TimW001

Arlovski is seriously the top contender at HW. He's beat the guys that beat Hearring. And Hearring Beat Kongo. And Arlovski beat Werdum. That's pretty close to cleaning out the top guys in the division.

I missed the AA Werdum fight? How long ago was this battle?

But seriously, what has he done in the last 2 years that proves he is a title contender? Nothing worth mentioning. He runs through B level fighters for sure, but when it comes to top 5 guys he can't seal the deal at all. If Brandon Vera is still fighting at heavyweight I would like to see them fight because I dont think AA could beat Vera or Mir or Herring or even Lesnar for that matter ( which I think could be an amazing fight.) I also think if for some ridiculous reason he did get a title shot, Big Nog would submit him in less than 2 minutes.
Seeing the Big Nog v Barnett replay last night makes me want to see Barnett in the UFC. I think he could tear ass through the ranks to the top pretty quick. He's got great striking and his ground game is on par with Nog's.

AA has lost his heart in my opinion. If he gets it back I'd like to see him fighting again, but if he doesn't then I don't care what he does with his career. Maybe he should follow Cro-Cop into a lower level of competetion and clean up his head and his game for a few years and come back when he's ready because I don't thing he is right now. Him and Matt Hughes seem to have lost their lust.

Rich78 » Posted 2/23/07 9:05:00AM

Posted by saemskin

I missed the AA Werdum fight? How long ago was this battle?

UFC 70 I believe, although you didn't miss much man, and it really was a battle just to stay awake, rather than anything else.

I like Arlovski a lot, but I'm struggling to counter your claim that he is losing heart. Hopefully if he gets his contract sorted, he will come back like the aggressive 'pitbull' he used to be.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

really need to resign him! if you want big nog to have an opponent soon then its andrei for the title. but you could wait for werdum to see if he beats vera.

but ask far as I know, andrei has had 3 wins since he lost the title, 2 stoppages and one lackluster preformance.

and who had one lackluster fight and got another title shot, matt hughes. over chris lytle. hmmm

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I don't think that AA has the same motivations as CC or Fedor - I think he's got the business side in mind and very much wants to stay in the UFC. If money is every bit as important to him as fighting top competition is, he'll stay. I believe they'll reach an agreement that will make both sides happy.

GermanWolf » Posted 2/1/07 9:12:00PM

Dana's trying to fix the problem? That's amazing, considering he created the ******* problem.

Apparently you can't treat people like shit all the time. Eventually you find someone you can't push around. It's amazing, I tell you.

saemskin » Posted 12/13/07 12:06:00PM

I still dont understand why you guys think AA is this amazing fighter who makes the division. Who has he beaten that is was top 10 when he beat them?

I dont consider him to be top 10.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]