MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Pete "Drago" Sell to the WW division!   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Hum I'm not sure this is good for him. I think the cut may be to much for him but who knows maybe be the best thing ever for him. I know one thing he needs to make some kind of change because right now he is 1-4 in the UFC.

Tein_Lung » Posted 2/13/08 1:07:00AM

Drago is not a bad grapler, you can;t be if matt serra is your teacher... Serra has the best jits in the WW div , Sell has lots of power and thats what he uses, just because a guy doesn't go to the ground doesn't mean he can't

ToeZup » Posted 2/24/08 8:50:00PM

I hope this moves works out for Sell.
It would be real bad if he came into the welterweight division and lost his first fight.

gsquat » Posted 11/15/07 5:00:00PM

He did look big as a MW. Its his skill is the problem, not the weight class. He isnt a very defensive striker. I'll still cheer him on.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

If this is true it must be a way for him to stay in the UFC, he had too many losses at MW but at least starting again at WW he has kind of a fresh start, but i agree with many that it wil be harder for him there

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

Although I'm not a very big fan of his. This is probably the best move for him. He wasn't doing to well in his old division, so why not try WW. I think he will do better in that division anyway if he can make weight effectively. The guy has got serious KO power.

disorderlyvision » Posted 2/22/07 12:49:00PM

Posted by billycarnage

They should make him fight Matt Serra.

He should do alright. But WW is going to be a lot more competitive than MW, I hope he realizes that.

WHAT? why would sell get to fight serra. i like sell, but what has in done in the ufc, definatly not enough to get a shot at the title. and gsp wins serra will still be a top contender. no way he sell should get anyone near the top of the division.

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by billycarnage

They should make him fight Matt Serra.

He should do alright. But WW is going to be a lot more competitive than MW, I hope he realizes that.

WHAT? why would sell get to fight serra. i like sell, but what has in done in the ufc, definatly not enough to get a shot at the title. and gsp wins serra will still be a top contender. no way he sell should get anyone near the top of the division.

I think it was more of a joke than anything. Unless im mistaken, they train together and are very good friends... so such a fight just wouldn't happen, you saw how butt-hurt Serra got, when his friend F'd up on the last season of TUF, Joey... whatta joke.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

@ WW Drago could be a killer if he can keep his distance. Wrestleing isnt his strong suit. And that seems to be the stable in WW. He could mix it up and whoop some ass in the middle levels of that division. I dont thin he'll ever be a belt contender...............but i have been wrong B4

ToeZup » Posted 2/24/08 8:50:00PM

I've been looking for more info on this but I can't find anything.
I hope he makes this move. I would have to see his first fight back.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]