MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Joe Rogan: love him or hate him, he is no act   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ufc88 » Posted 7/15/07 2:11:00AM

IMO joe rogan is first and foremost a fan of the sport and not a Dana puppet.

if you ever see him in other videos unrelated to MMA he truly does not care about what other people think about him and will not censor himself or filter his opinions to sound appropriate and meet the expectations of anybody

he is a true ambassador of the sport, and and an outspoken individual to say the least

War Joe Rogan

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/03/01/ufc-82-video-joe-rogan-analyzes-silva-vs-henderson-and-comments-on-cbs-deal-with-elitexc/

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

snakeman88 » Posted 6/22/07 8:53:00AM

wow.. joe is not afraid to say how he feels thats for sure. I gotta say i really respect the dude

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Love the guy!

OH HE GOT ROCKED!

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

joe is a good guy imo

wapttn » Posted 6/27/07 11:03:00PM

just to throw something crazy out there... how about we give rogan a promotion? I'm sure he does some PR aside from doing the commentary, and I'd definately keep him announcing, but how about the ufc gives this guy a little more responsibility. Few people in the sport garner the respect and have the knowledge that he has. Honestly, I feel like Rogan would do a better job at the press conferences than Dana does.. the difference between the two is that dana white at heart, is still a promoter for the ufc brand, and joe rogan is a fan of the sport all the way through. You can see the difference in how they answer the same question differently. I know that if i was in a management position for the ufc, there would be few people that i would rather speak on my behalf.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Joe Rogan is the man, never understood the hating on him, WAR ROGAN!

He needs to get an account on here!

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

Joe is the greatest announcer in MMA. Just sucks he has to sit next to a retard who knows obsolutely nothing about the sport.

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Joe is the greatest announcer in MMA. Just sucks he has to sit next to a retard who knows obsolutely nothing about the sport.

exactly.

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Joe Rogan is the man, never understood the hating on him, WAR ROGAN!

He needs to get an account on here!

That would be cool. I wonder how well he'd do with his picks?

Anyways, I've always liked the guy. Yes, he is very arrogant, but the guy knows his stuff. Ever since the Carlos Mencia thing I have even more respect for the guy.

For anyone who hasn't seen it: Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nEH8H5BqWg

tberg420 » Posted 1/24/07 6:05:00PM

His Jim Brown impression is greatness. BTW..Goldberg actually is a pretty cool guy. I just think that he puts on an act while commentating. If you went to the Q&A this weekend, you saw the lighter side of Mike Goldberg.

FeelTheJoy » Posted 7/1/07 10:14:00PM

he is awesome. and also very smart and weird. theres a video of him on youtube talking about and out of body experience

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Joe's sweet. I do think some of the things he says are a little dumb but for the most part I like him.

Bemin » Posted 8/26/07 4:41:00PM

Posted by tberg420

His Jim Brown impression is greatness. BTW..Goldberg actually is a pretty cool guy. I just think that he puts on an act while commentating. If you went to the Q&A this weekend, you saw the lighter side of Mike Goldberg.

I think you nailed it there, its all part of Rogan and Goldberg's schtick. Goldberg asks the stupid questions that he already knows the answer to and Rogan explains it. Its their style of educating all the new fans of the sport, although for an educated fan it you can sure feel like slapping Goldie in the side of the head sometimes.

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Don't get me wrong I think Rogan is a pimp. But Bas is the best announcer in MMA.

nastshabast » Posted 5/24/07 1:04:00AM

Rogan kicks ass, remember when he called out Wesley Snipes. Check out his tirade on Carlos Mencia...****** hilarious.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]