MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Paul Daley retiring!!!   [View Full Version]
fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

"This is for the fighters, fans, promoters and trolls alike.

As of now i will be stepping down as Cage Rage Champion (British and world), FX-3 Champion and KOTR champion. I vacate all these titles. Futher more i consider my self retired (from all MMA/Thai boxing) as of March 29th. March 29th i will fullfill my contracted commitment for Pro Elite, against a yet un named opponent.

No speculation, No futher annonucments, once i’ve found the path i originally set out on in the Martial Arts, i may return to this SPORT, Maybe 6months-Maybe 6 years, who knows.

Who will be the next welterweight CRC champ. FX-3 champ????…

Thanks"

What!? He's only 25 years old and is a great prospect.....I can't believe this.

Paul Daley retiring

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Man thats sick!
I just watched one of his fights today in the gym!!
Is this serious?!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Yeah it's crazy, hopefully it's just a hoax or something.

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

im sure he'll be back.
if not i hope he is happy w/ whatever he does bc thats a damn waste of talent

owen1 » Posted 6/22/07 10:22:00AM

I hope this isn't true,but if it is good luck to him at what he does in the future.

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

maybe he passed up his UFC contract for a reason, he doesnt want too be doing this no more. but dont worry, he will be back

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

hepatitis?

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Errrm WTF ..................... ummmm ok

So ............................ thats our very best British fighter retiring for no apparent reason, the bisping nuthuggers must be rejoicing that he is now our best fighter

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

Sad to hear. This guy seems to be a really good talent. Hope he comes back down the road.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

That was a joke by the way before any bisping fans start whining, we should all be gutted that easily one of the best (imo the best) british talents in mma seems to be retiring, it just doesnt make sense, the guy was just starting to hit the big time, he turned down a ufc offer for more money from elite, and had just had a good win over Morgan and Weir before that, as well as Bang Ludwig a while back! Damn, Just Damn

I just hope this turns out to not be true or its just a very short term retirement

Posted by CornishMMA

That was a joke by the way before any bisping fans start whining, we should all be gutted that easily one of the best (imo the best) british talents in mma seems to be retiring, it just doesnt make sense, the guy was just starting to hit the big time, he turned down a ufc offer for more money from elite, and had just had a good win over Morgan and Weir before that, as well as Bang Ludwig a while back! Damn, Just Damn

I just hope this turns out to not be true or its just a very short term retirement

I hope it's not true as well, I was starting to like Daley. He's explosive and a very good striker, hopefully his time off will be short.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Maybe he's doing a Randy?

Some sort of dispute with his contract ?

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

I had never seen a Daley fight until I started reading all the hype about him retiring, he is an athletic S.O.B. I would not mind learning more about him.

[View Full Version of this Page]