MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 85: Brock Lesnar vs. Justin McCully   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

According to Justin on Inside MMA

Justin McCully Is pretty much a ground and pound guy. He has some submissions, but he's no Frank Mir. Basically, if he doesn't put Lesnar on his back, I don't see how he wins.

LINK

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

Lesnar in the first minute via GnP.

Looks like he will be 2-1 now, what a disappointing match up.

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

Justin Mccully gets on my nerves. This is do or die for Lesnar becasue if he losses people will assume he can't fight for squat so I hope he dominates the insane one.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by kevietre

Justin Mccully gets on my nerves. This is do or die for Lesnar becasue if he losses people will assume he can't fight for squat so I hope he dominates the insane one.

They would be right, especially if he didn't beat McCully. I love Brock Lesnar, but if he lost to McCully it'd warrant a release by the UFC.

Kracker_Jap » Posted 12/27/07 9:23:00PM

Posted by roman

Lesnar in the first minute via GnP.

Looks like he will be 2-1 now, what a disappointing match up.

Why is it disapointing???

Who else should he fight ?

Big name or not I think this fight is more fare and better to help Lesnar in his career

After all he is just a noob with a huge name...

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Mccully coudlnt even submit Hardonk and had him in perfect position to do so many many times.
He should pose no problem at all for Lesnar.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

If he losses to McCully then he is nothing but a hype game to me!!!

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

This is the level of opponent he needs right now, and even if he win i would give him another same-level, maybe Christian Wellisch or someone like this before giving him a recognized name again, but who knows, with the lack of HW in the UFC probably he'll get a title shot or a Mir rematch(this would be ok if Mir loses his next) if he can pass McCully

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Posted by Ordep

This is the level of opponent he needs right now, and even if he win i would give him another same-level, maybe Christian Wellisch or someone like this before giving him a recognized name again, but who knows, with the lack of HW in the UFC probably he'll get a title shot or a Mir rematch(this would be ok if Mir loses his next) if he can pass McCully

i say after this he takes a step up in competition again, but i doubt a title shot or a rematch would be it, i'd put him against Herring win or loose against kongo, or kongo win or loose against herring...........both are markatable fights, and also a test.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

This is exactly what the UFC needs to do with Brock Lesnar. He wanted the big fight, and he got subbed. Now, back down to the lower stables with you until you prove you're worthy of fighting up top.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap
After all he is just a noob with a huge name...

he's like a Gracie child going into his first submission tournament against blackbelts

no but seriously, this is a good match up imo. either way the victor will benefit immensely. if brock wins, he gets to finally get his first win in the UFC out of the way so the pressure won't be as great. brock could finally relax a little but and focus 100% on working on his skills. if mccully wins, he can use brock's name to catapult himself as a person to beat in the UFC HW division...if not for only a couple of fights. the publicity would be great for mccully and its just what he needs to be recognized. now, the loser of this fight will be in a bad spot, particularly if its brock. if brock loses, then like everyone said he will be deflated and his career as a MMA star will be labeled as a joke. of mccully loses, well at least he lost to a monster but he still lost to a guy who only has 2 fights under his belt. this fight is interesting to see how brock does now that he got his debut out of the way. i am leaning towards brock in this one, but i wouldn't be completely shocked if mccully won. however, i see brock taking this to the ground and controlling mccully until he gets the TKO in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I think it's a good matchup; Brock is only 1-1.

He needs, for his career, to face a mid-tier guy that doesn't have strong submissions, and McCully is just the guy.

It's good for McCully too, as if he wasn't "that guy" for Brock, he wouldn't be getting such a good opportunity to steal Brock's thunder.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

By "doesn't have strong submissions", I mean "hasn't shown strong submissions"; I do realize that McCully is a BJJ Blackbelt.

Word from McCully's camp is that he was originally offered the Kongo fight at UFC 82, but had other obligations so they gave it to Herring.

And after Mir beat Lesnar, McCully actually requested to fight Lesnar.

I think it should be an interesting matchup and equivalent with where Lesnar's career is at.

Trench777 » Posted 2/14/07 12:15:00AM

It would be interesting to see where Lesnar's cardio is. Hopefully McCully can avoid getting his head seperated from his shoulders for a round & a half, 2 rounds...just to see if Brock can keep up that frantic pace he set in the Mir fight. Of course, that assumes his trainers didnt tell him "Brock...dude...a 747 cant go buzzing around like a freaking Cessna. Take it down a notch."

However...I kinda think this is going to be a Miami Vs. Patriots-esque blow out.

Brock by decapitation, Rd 1.

T777

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

If he losses to McCully then he is nothing but a hype game to me!!!

Too true, Too true

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]