MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Wanderlei Silva Writes About Possible Move to Middleweight (actual possibility)   [View Full Version]
juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

While Wanderlei Silva (31-8-1 MMA, 1-3 UFC) confirms that he’s met with UFC officials about a potential fight with UFC light heavyweight Keith Jardine (13-3-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC), the former PRIDE champion is also considering a move to middleweight.

In addition to being one of the UFC’s smaller light heavyweights, Silva is considering a move to middleweight because he wants a rematch with Dan Henderson (22-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC) — especially if Henderson defeats UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva (20-4 MMA, 5-0 UFC) at next month’s UFC 82 event.

“There will be a fight of Anderson Silva against Dan Henderson that will be a great fight, and if Dan Henderson wins it, I don’t think twice about lowering my weight to fight him,” Silva wrote (and translated from Portuguese to English).

“Everybody is talking about Jardine, but nothing has been made official,” Silva wrote. “I think it would be a good opponent because his style matches with mine, and certainly, no one would be a better choice to be my next opponent.“

MikeBillotto » Posted 6/21/07 12:51:00PM

if he does that.. him vs anderson silva or vs hendo again

simply amazing

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Posted by MikeBillotto

if he does that.. him vs anderson silva or vs hendo again

simply amazing

note that he specifies that it is if hendo wins, i doubt he will fight silva since they are friends........but who knows, if it means being at the top, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

It seems by his words, his main reason would be to avenge his loss to Hendo; So I'm assuming if Anderson wins, he'd prefer to stay at LHW.

I think he should make the drop regardless of who wins, if it's an easy cut for him.

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

If he moves down, it will only be for this fight, i don't see him continuing his career as a MW. It's not like hes gonna fight a fellow camp member (Anderson Silva)

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by RMFG_187

If he moves down, it will only be for this fight, i don't see him continuing his career as a MW. It's not like hes gonna fight a fellow camp member (Anderson Silva)

they're not in the same camp anymore and haven't for quite some time now. i still don't think they would fight each other based on their friendship they did develop at chute box but i would love to see it happen. wandy should focus on getting his credit at LHW back first before he drops down because he needs a few more wins in that division to establish himself as the dominant fighter he was a few years ago.

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

I saw that Hendo rematch coming anyway either 185 or 205 (Remember Hendo wanted to stay at LHW)

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by RMFG_187

they're not in the same camp anymore and haven't for quite some time now. i still don't think they would fight each other based on their friendship they did develop at chute box but i would love to see it happen. wandy should focus on getting his credit at LHW back first before he drops down because he needs a few more wins in that division to establish himself as the dominant fighter he was a few years ago.

i meant too write ex-fellow camp member, but didn't

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

The LHW division is beyond stacked ................. The MW division is not!

Wandy should drop down and fight there if its easy enough for him to do, case closed imo!

mitch475 » Posted 8/6/07 2:47:00PM

I agree its a weaker division and would be much stronger in comparison to middlewieghts.

[View Full Version of this Page]