MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Okami Surprised By Sylvia's Quick Tap & "American Style"   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

While impressed with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's performance. Yushin Okami also said he was surprised how quick Tim Sylvia gave up and perhaps took a veiled cheap shot too, saying "it seems the American style".

Article

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

Haha. Pitty this american style he speaks of didnt come into play when he had ace in that kimura for however long it was, i didnt see any tapping there.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by aaronno9

Haha. Pitty this american style he speaks of didnt come into play when he had ace in that kimura for however long it was, i didnt see any tapping there.

dont go too hard on him, or he might just commit Hara-kiri... its the "japanese style" after all.... stereotypes are bad. Not cool okami.... not cool.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I like Okami, but that was rather dumb to say that the American Style is to tap early.

GermanWolf » Posted 2/1/07 9:12:00PM

Maybe Okami should watch the Frye-Shamrock fight and see some American Style.

I'd love to see if Yushin could sit in a fully locked on heelhook for a couple of minutes.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Don't know why in the hell he would say that,but lets see big Nog get him in a guillotine and count how long he last.

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

Im still trying to decide if this was smart or not... Yushin is polarizing himself in an attempt to get more media exposure... more media exposure=more money... more money=more time to do nothing but focus on training... so this could be good for him. The only thing is he has just insulted an entire country of fighters, and we're all going to be rooting against him now, but will it get him more fights based on the fact that most of us are going to hate him now. Thats the question, if the answer is yes then i think this smack talk was a good move. Time will tell.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

My first thought was that he tapped very quickly, but when i saw the replay and seen how deep that choke was if he didnt tap he would have been passed out within a matter of seconds....

Jujiden » Posted 6/27/07 4:49:00PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Im still trying to decide if this was smart or not... Yushin is polarizing himself in an attempt to get more media exposure... more media exposure=more money... more money=more time to do nothing but focus on training... so this could be good for him. The only thing is he has just insulted an entire country of fighters, and we're all going to be rooting against him now, but will it get him more fights based on the fact that most of us are going to hate him now. Thats the question, if the answer is yes then i think this smack talk was a good move. Time will tell.

Okami is a bulldog of a fighter. I think he has drawn his line in the sand and has issued a challenge to other fighters in the UFC. Okami isn't a joke and he knows that. In my opinion, he's one of the hardest working fighters in the game along with Jon Fitch and GSP. Let him talk. Even though I'm American, it makes me like him even more.

WAR Okami!!!

DustinT » Posted 7/17/07 4:29:00PM

hell with that.
go get um Tanner.

StevenSeagal » Posted 1/8/08 10:08:00AM

It looked to me that the choke was scraping the windpipe... Not only does it suck that u cant breath, but the way he rolls the choke past the Adam's Apple makes u feel like ur throat is going to explode... This is taught in most all BJJ schools. Roll the choke baby

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Did Gomi not tap to that American done Gogoplata?

MMAnomale » Posted 8/23/07 12:10:00PM

I'm sorry but didn't Tim Sylvia get his arm snapped in half by Frank Mir and still didn't tap, and as a matter of fact, was mad that they stopped the fight. Granted, it was probably still numb and he would definately feal it more once the adrenaline wears off. But still, he didn't tap then. Okami can keep running his mouth about the "American Style" but he still can't beat Franklin, an American.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

I know the japanese are loved for being warriors and fighting till the bitter end but he can talk when Nog has him in a guillotine, I bet it doesn't feel good with a man that strong and experienced trying to pop your head off.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

He must still be mad about losing the war.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]