MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Eric Shaefer vs Sean Salmon at UFC 71??   [View Full Version]
hathcock32 » Posted 1/16/07 8:07:00PM

After his devastating loss to Rashad Evans at fight night. Salmon will get his 2nd UFC chance. Im exciting to see Salmon agian , had a good first round agianst Rashad. Eric lost his last fight to Bisping in December

Greene33 » Posted 1/24/07 6:13:00PM

I hope he breaks out that devestating kick again that he tried early in Round 1 against Rashad. But seriously that guy looked decent in Rd 1 and terriable in rd 2. I dont mind the UFC giving him another chance.....

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by Greene33

I hope he breaks out that devestating kick again that he tried early in Round 1 against Rashad. But seriously that guy looked decent in Rd 1 and terriable in rd 2. I dont mind the UFC giving him another chance.....

A serious Karate-kid moment I still can't beleive it happened. It's like something Krazy Hoese Bennet would usually pull. As for the fight, they are both ground guys, so I think the uFC will dark match this one. Unless they suddenly become Diaz/Diego and are rolling all over the place. I'll take Scafer by sub in the 3rd.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

xthe_scottx » Posted 1/28/07 9:16:00PM

This should be a interesting fight. Schafer is a good fighter and Salmon was able to do well against Evans until the KO. Also, Salmon will want to be redeeming him self from his loss. With that being said, I'd give it to Schafer.

Greene33 » Posted 1/24/07 6:13:00PM

Posted by hippysmacker

[
A serious Karate-kid moment I still can't beleive it happened. It's like something Krazy Hoese Bennet would usually pull. As for the fight, they are both ground guys, so I think the uFC will dark match this one. Unless they suddenly become Diaz/Diego and are rolling all over the place. I'll take Scafer by sub in the 3rd.

I spit out a full mouthfull of MGD all over the carpet with that one... rogans quote was classic "ohhh no"

Total Karte Kid moment, reminded me of the stuff people used to do back in the early days of UFC (crazy kicks and karate moves that dont work in full contact sports)

I hope Salmon develops a striking game before he faces Schafer, but i dont see that mattering much anyways, Schafer should get back in the W column after his loss to Bisping...

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

Salmon really didn't look all that bad...looked inexperienced, but confident. I did notice he was breathing out of his mouth already after like 2 minutes in the first round. Maybe he's worked on that though, who knows.

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

I think Salmon should slim down and go to 185, he's not very tall (5ft. 10) and has a little extra round the middle. They aren't a lot of great wrestlers at 185 presently in the UFC, I think it would really help his chances of staying in the UFC.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

i agree...he was a little dough-ey

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

big red eric shaefer wins via submission 1R

Zvonimir » Posted 2/8/07 12:59:00AM

Schaefer will make quick work of Salmon.

xchickox » Posted 1/26/07 10:31:00AM

i reckon shaefer takes this one, unless salmon improves a lot from his last fight

fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

Salmon wins via way of KO from a Karate Kick, not a match I really care to much about, but I'll take Shaefer.

shackle » Posted 1/29/07 10:32:00PM

Sean Salmon was controlling the fight till the KO kick. Maybe unlucky.. not sure..

People are just hating cause the nice KO, and the retarded kick Sean did lol.

I'll take Sean Salmon. LNP or GNP

hathcock32 » Posted 1/16/07 8:07:00PM

A lil of subject but...Salmon should steal Dean Lister's nickname he's a crazy lookin dood....by the way that Mortal Kombat kick by Salmon was legit.

[View Full Version of this Page]