MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rousimar Palhares to Make UFC Debut in May vs. Ivan Salaverry   [View Full Version]
CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Brazilian fighter Rousimar Palhares (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will make his UFC debut vs. Ivan Salaverry (12-5 MMA, 3-3 UFC) at a May 24 event in Las Vegas.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the fight with Salaverry’s camp, which received the fight offer just this afternoon. However, the fight was first reported by Sherdog.com, which mentioned the fighter’s likely signing last week.

LINK

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Ok wtf is going on with the UFC signing so many fighters lately?

Its been about 10 or more fighters so far this year!

Look to be bolstering the MW division with this great signing, tho i thought Salaverry was retiring? Instead they are using him to lose to the new guy, past his best is Ivan

StevenSeagal » Posted 1/8/08 10:08:00AM

Viva Brasil... Tatame.com keeps me updated with the brasillian dudes coming over. Keep em coming.

Naturaldisaster » Posted 4/8/07 4:17:00PM

should be a good fight. I like Ivan but he's way past his prime so I think Palhares will most likely get him

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

I really want Ivan to win but I don't know if he can in this fight. It's true the UFC is making a lot of signings this year.

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

Salaverry should win this fight.

mmadb » Posted 1/17/07 11:21:00AM

I'm personally glad that Salaverry didn't actually end up retiring, I enjoy his fight style.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i think palhares will submit him, glad to see the ufc sign alot of fighters who are not well known, hopefully there will be at least one star out of all of them

[View Full Version of this Page]