MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer Targeted for UFC Fight Night 13   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

Finally healed from a knee injury he suffered in a September main-event fight, Din Thomas (20-7 MMA, 5-3 UFC) will likely return to the octagon to take on Josh Neer (23-6-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC) at a UFC Fight Night 13 event planned for April 2.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/24/din-thomas-vs-josh-neer-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-13/

odogg22 » Posted 1/11/08 3:38:00PM

This is a good match up i am going for Josh on this one. He has the no quit attitude. This is going to be an awesome fight I like both. But Neer is going to pull it off.

killjoy » Posted 1/22/08 7:33:00PM

this is really good news, 2 of my favorite lesser known fighters, i wont pick a winner, GREAT FIGHT

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

I guess Josh Neer is dropping down to Lightweight for this fight. He's going to be a powerful lightweight but I think Din has more skill and experience so Im going with Din by submission in the second round on this one.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

I think Neer will proove to be to strong for Din, but Din can still Sub him at any point in the fight so this would be a tough one to call

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Good to see Neer fighting again. He hasn't fought in the UFC for quite a while so he should put on a good fight for his comeback. I'm picking him in this one, but I'm not yet sure how I think he'll win.

GraMMA » Posted 1/13/08 11:46:00AM

Is Neer going down to 155 or Thomas to 170?Neer seems way too big to drop to 155 imo.I'm just thinking about how much bigger he was than Joe Stevenson when they fought at 170.

odogg22 » Posted 1/11/08 3:38:00PM

Neer has had like three fights now @ 155 He looked pretty good @ 155

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

Sweet! I am really glad to see neer back in the ufc

im probably gonna bet on thomas because he is the safer bet, but i would really like to see neer show his old self in the octogan

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

will be a tough one, and this could change...but as of now I would go with Din by sub in round 2

ChokeUout » Posted 6/28/07 1:48:00PM

THey better make this fight night a 3 hour event like they do TUF finales, because they have about 6 fights that could headline this event...Florian/lauzon, Parysian/Alves, Bonner/Hammill, Guida/Shavio, Fisher/Auerilo, and now Neer/THomas...

ANy of those could Headline a fight night, and I'm gonna be pissed if they don't air one of them, so they BETTER make it a 3 hour fight night

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

din is extremely underrated, i would love to see him fight kenny again because i think if he didn't hurt his knee that would have been a great fight. not saying he would have won but it would have been a close contended fight. with that said i think din submits neer in the second. neer is tough as nails but thomas is so slick and talented.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

wow Neer can make 155? I would expect him to win a tough scrap then, Din just seems good in evera area but not great in any, Neer is similar but fights harder imo

I doubt he could "pap pap pap" him like Diaz did and i just seeing Neer winning a close decision, oddly wont make the main card good fight tho, i like

atlas777 » Posted 10/15/07 11:08:00AM

Normally i wouldnt pick against dean but Neer always proves me wrong and that gets annoying so im gonna go with Neer to pull it off im not sure how yet though.

FantasyFighter » Posted 7/6/07 3:46:00PM

I was wondering where Josh Neer had been hiding. He should have his way with Din. He has better standup, all around toughness, and good enough submissions not to get caught by Thomas. Neer will get him against the fence, do some work there, then separate and KO Din. Too tough of a comeback fight if you ask me.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]