MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine II up next?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

QUOTE "My next fight will probably be in the summer and I am thinking about Jardine since Jackson is already scheduled to fight (Forrest Griffin). I can’t wait around (for Jackson). I love the sport and I think I have a couple years left in me. I’m a very competitive person. I don’t even like to lose at things I’m not good at."

Chuck Liddell reiterates that he wants to rematch Keith Jardine next

LINK

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Jardine already beat him up. I say give Keith someone else that can get him closer to a title shot and have Chuck fight someone else too.

atlas777 » Posted 10/15/07 11:08:00AM

I wouldnt mind seeing the rematch actually i mean everyone else in the ufc gets rmatches whenever they are beat why shouldnt chuck get a shot to prove that he is better than jardine show trhat maybe he was off that fight and looking past him who knows i just love to watch chuck fight.

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

I personally would love to see Jardine get Knocked Out, Chuck Liddell style.
He done a good job last time but I cant see it happening again, Liddell will come out with a bloodlust for him.

If Jardine wins he will get a title shot, But so will Chuck.

And not getting to excited, Im really curious to see if Rampage can go 3-0, Not willing Forrest to lose, But I would like to see that, Big time.

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

What?!?!

Agree with Boo_R

hahaha funny "....since Jackson is already schedule.." he still think he's God or something?

jomatty » Posted 7/13/07 9:07:00AM

if i was keith jardine i would avoid this fight like the plague and i dont mean that in a bad way it just seems like he would have little to gain and a lot to lose...although if they dangle a title shot he will probably take it. imo he will be in for a world of hurt, although i thought he would get ktfo last time so who knows.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

What?!?!

Agree with Boo_R

hahaha funny "....since Jackson is already schedule.." he still think he's God or something?

He doesn't deserve a title shot for his next fight yet IMO. 1-1 since losing it isn't really enough to get a shot in the strongest division in the UFC, give him one more big fight.

EpicTerran » Posted 8/23/07 3:24:00PM

should be a good rematch , hopefully chuck pulls his head out of his ass and throws some more kicks

vick_vega » Posted 9/6/07 6:00:00PM

Notice how he wont call out Lyoto Machida caues he will get his butt kicked.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by vick_vega

If I were Chuck, I'd want a chance to redeem myself, too, before "calling out" anyone else.

Anyone with an ounce of competitive spirit would. Unless they're scared.

That being said...I personally don't think it's fair to Jardine. If anything, give Jardine a fight against a top contender and THEN if he loses, he should fight Chuck again. Until then...I say the rematch should wait.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by Ordep

What?!?!

Agree with Boo_R

While Chuck is probably still the number one draw in the UFC,I gotta agree with you on that.

I think a rematch with Jardine will be good for liddell,but I believe it should have been Jardine getting the title shot against Forrest.If he beats Jardine,I think that puts him back on the right track for a title shot.With that being said,I think Liddell is going to have to prove himself against some of the elite in the LHW diviison.

Yeah Chuck has already proved himself time and time again.No one can deny that.But as of right now you can make so many interesting matchups in the division,that I really want to see a few other guys get their moment to shine.If Chuck comes back in dominating fashion and can win his next two fights,I say give him a title shot.If not,well I think the fan service needs to stop or at least slow down.

If they rush him back into the title picture too fast and he loses,I think it's going to prove difficult to get him back in a comfortable posisiton in the division.It would be like building him down instead of building him back up.So I think a rematch against Jardine will be good very good for Chuck if he wins,but if he comes out and loses,then that will be a major road block between him and the title.

With the way the match making goes,I'm predicting that if Chuck beats Jardine,he will probably get an automatic title shot.

FantasyFighter » Posted 7/6/07 3:46:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by vick_vega

If I were Chuck, I'd want a chance to redeem myself, too, before "calling out" anyone else.

Anyone with an ounce of competitive spirit would. Unless they're scared.

That being said...I personally don't think it's fair to Jardine. If anything, give Jardine a fight against a top contender and THEN if he loses, he should fight Chuck again. Until then...I say the rematch should wait.

Couldnt have said it better...

MMAnomale » Posted 8/23/07 12:10:00PM

I would want to avenge any loss, especially to Jardine, no offense. This time, maybe Liddell will prepare for Jardine's kicks and possibly throw some of his own. Jardine kept him away by kicking him, and did considerable damange to his legs and body and almost knocked him out with the head kick.
Lyoto Machida is bad ass. His kicking skills are among the best in MMA, if not the best. They are so quick and technical and although they may not have the power of some other fighters (very few, like CroCop), he can still knock you out with one. Machida is so young and has such a good future ahead of him, barring any unfortanate injuries. I would like to see Liddell/Machida, but first I would like to see him get revenge on Jardine. The problem is, if he wins, Jardine would want a third "tie-breaker" fight, and I wouldn't blame him either. However, with Chuck's interviews, he admits to only having a couple of years left, and wants to fight for the title again, especially against Rampage.

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Jardine already beat him up. I say give Keith someone else that can get him closer to a title shot and have Chuck fight someone else too.

Jardine didn't really beat him up. He won by split but I agree I'd rather see these guys fight other people rather then have a rematch.

Keith vs. Wandy
Liddell vs. Sokodoujou

babytater03 » Posted 8/28/07 10:32:00AM

Posted by vick_vega

I'd rather see a Lyoto v. Thiago S. before i'd like to see Chuck in there against him.

Maybe a fight against either Rashad or Gouveia is more fitting for where Chuck is at.
Comments??

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]