MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Demian Maia vs Ed Herman set for UFC 83   [View Full Version]
Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

link

Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and ADCC veteran Demian Maia (Pictures) will face Ed Herman (Pictures) in a middleweight bout at UFC 83 on March 8, the Sao Paulo native confirmed with graciemag.com.

Maia, who debuted in the UFC in October with a quick win over Ryan Jensen (Pictures), is 6-0 in mixed martial arts. He is joined by Anderson Silva (Anderson Silva' class='LinkSilver'>Pictures), Thales Leites (Pictures) and Ricardo Almeida (Pictures) in a division that is replete with Brazilians.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

oh !!
I think Herman is in big trouble .

I really think Maia will be a top 3 in the UFC MW 1 days . well , not in 2008 but maybe in 2009 considering that the MW division is not stacked, after Silva and Hendo, the 3th to 10th place are a possibility for a lot of guys.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

As long as Demian don't have a weak chin, he should have this fight won. His BJJ is awesome. He can be the next big thing. He just needs to show he can handle his own on the feet. This is the perfect test for him!

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

while i like herman and i think he is underrated, this could be a tough matchup for him because ed's big weakness is his sub defense. maia has a lot to prove in this fight, he was impressive against an inferior opponent and herman is a tough guy. i think ed will give him a beating but he will get caught in a sub.

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

hate when 2 of my fav fighters go against each other, it's hard to pick

but it should be a good fight

mictlantechutli » Posted 4/6/07 9:17:00PM

Maia is the man. R1 sub anyway he wants.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

good fight to be on a main card i hope ed wins there has to be a ed vs kendall rematch this year

78Circus » Posted 1/9/08 1:57:00AM

Maia should win. Herman has a "punches chance" like the old cliche goes, but Maia is so much better than Herman on the ground.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

with all, if Doerksen nearly subbed Herman then Demian will definately tap him! Unless Ed has improved his striking and keeps its standing and Maia has a weak chin i see that as a fairly obvious 1st round sub

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

Yea, this should be an easy victory for Maia. Key word is SHOULD, I am going to predict that he puts away Ed in the first. The method will be TKO....j/k, of course by SUB.

Vendetta » Posted 7/11/07 12:49:00PM

Maia isn't just a veteran, he's an ADCC champion.

Interesting fight. Maia by submission.

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

Maia is my boy. He's a good kid and a great fighter. He should dominate Herman in this fight, and then move on to bigger and better things (Evan Tanner?)

[View Full Version of this Page]