MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 82: Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono booked; Fitch inks contract extension (Exclusive)   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Top welterweight contender Jon Fitch (15-2) has signed the bout agreement to fight Akihiro Gono (27-12-7) at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion” on March 1 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) just learned

In addition, the American Kickboxing Academy standout has re-signed with the organization for another three bouts. He is undefeated (7-0) in the Octagon since his debut in 2005. Fitch has also not lost a professional fight since 2002 — more than five years

LINK

CiaoBaby » Posted 3/29/07 5:49:00PM

I know this has nothing to do with Fitch fighting Gono for some reason...(Stupidest match up since Shamrock vs Shamrock) But does anyone know what the hell Standup Guy and Learning to Sprawl and those other tags above our pics is? Does that reflect my total number of posts or what?

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

I know this has nothing to do with Fitch fighting Gono for some reason...(Stupidest match up since Shamrock vs Shamrock) But does anyone know what the hell Standup Guy and Learning to Sprawl and those other tags above our pics is? Does that reflect my total number of posts or what?

yea, as you keep posting it will change to MMA regular, than stand up guy and it continues on....but yea it is based on the number of posts

DuncanFan819 » Posted 2/3/07 5:57:00AM

This fight is a joke. Give Fitch some better competition.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

Posted by DuncanFan819

This fight is a joke. Give Fitch some better competition.

whoa whoa whoa, do not underestimate one of my favorite fighters.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

yeah, well anyways, Fitch rd 1 Ko !!

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

Im picking Gono for the upset he's going to be tricky for Fitch. Fitch is a beast but Gono has better submissions and can take punishment. If it goes in the later rounds Gono will wear him down and eventually submitt Jon.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

lmao ... no gono wont beat fitch ... if theres one pic id ever AND I MEAN EVER bet big money on its this one .. save this and rub it on my face if gono does win,,, but he wont lol ... fitch is gona UD him ... cuz fitch wont tire ... he's a work horse ... sih ... gono beating fitch thats a knew slapper

EpicTerran » Posted 8/23/07 3:24:00PM

this is retarded

Jon Fitch vs Karo Parisyan , winner gets title shot

BECAUSE ITS A BOUT ******* TIME FOR BOTH OF THEM

Vietnamese_Guy » Posted 1/24/07 3:17:00PM

GONO FTW, GO YOU CRAZY JAP!

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Lol I remember when people said no way GG beats Cro Cop, no way Serra beats GSP, pretty funny that people still throw out the "No way he wins" after all thats happend.

jgtribbett » Posted 3/15/07 6:33:00PM

fitch rd 1 ko.. for sure

Leland » Posted 4/24/07 11:10:00AM

WW divison is too stacked. They do this way too often it seems like. Throw in random off the wall fights that you'd never expect

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

This fight is a complete and utter disgrace!

No doubt Gono is a great fighter and could well work his way up the WW division but HASNT YET AND DOESNT DESERVE THIS FIGHT!

Equally Fitch deserves a better ranked fighter - Karo or Koscheck should both be available to fight around this time and would be ridiculously better suited

Maybe the worst matchmaking in a long long time! So now we will have no true #1 contender to fight the winner of GSP/Serra sometime around August - errm well unless Fitch gets it by beating Gono then waiting about 6 months! And Karo is left twiddling his thumbs

WEAK

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Oh well...GO FITCH.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]