MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Liddell wants Jardine   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2008/18/chuck_the_iceman_liddell_312952.shtml

wants a rematch with Jardine.

The guy giving the interview is a major nuthugger though.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

it would be a fight to determine the next title contender after Forrest i think.

rabbit915 » Posted 10/23/07 3:00:00PM

Fight doesnt really make sense for Jardine though. He just beat him. Only reason i can see him taking this is for the money.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by rabbit915

Fight doesnt really make sense for Jardine though. He just beat him. Only reason i can see him taking this is for the money.

Yeah, maybe he'll get a raise to 15k this time around

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

it would be a fight to determine the next title contender after Forrest i think.

Machida should be next or fight for the next contender

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by rabbit915

Yeah, maybe he'll get a raise to 15k this time around

LOL.

If he's lucky.
I don't mind Chuck getting another title shot,its just that their are so many fighters in the LHW division right now that are very talented.I just want to see how Liddell stacks up with some of these other fighters as well.IMO,I would rather see Machida against Liddell next,but we will just wait and see what happens.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by tuvok500

And Jardine will be forget like that ??

Machida is waiting for Tito ortiz's answer about a fight between them.

both fighters are below Jardine in the ranking, so i really thing that Liddell, Machida or tito will have to deal with Jardine first.

unless Jardine get an automatic title shot after forrrest .

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Manak

Posted by tuvok500

And Jardine will be forget like that ??

Machida is waiting for Tito ortiz's answer about a fight between them.

both fighters are below Jardine in the ranking, so i really thing that Liddell, Machida or tito will have to deal with Jardine first.

unless Jardine get an automatic title shot after forrrest .

I think Jardine has already been forgotten considering Forrest is getting a title shot before him.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

This fight makes perfect sense to me. Jardine won against Liddell by a razor-sharp decision, and Liddell is coming off a huge victory. It's a good time for them to go at it again.

bezun » Posted 5/8/07 2:07:00PM

Machida and shogun fights the winner of jardine liddell. Shogun versus chuck would be f-ing awsome.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

I'de rather see Chuck fight someone like Shogun or Thiago. And I'de rather see jardine fight guys like Houston, or Machida. There are SO MANY great potential fight in the 205 division, lets really not water it down with re-match's.

Trench777 » Posted 2/14/07 12:15:00AM

I think Jardine deserves far more respect than he's gotten following his win over Chuck. He fought a -very- intellegent fight. He may be forever allocated to the "doorkeeper" role in the LHW div, but he still deserves props where they are due.

As for a rematch...he should take it, if he can get it. If he can dismantle Chuck's game like he did last time, it would STILL be an upset & a loss would be nothing but expected.

Besides, I like Jardine. He looks like a psycho.

T777

gsquat » Posted 11/15/07 5:00:00PM

Posted by silverbullet

This fight makes perfect sense to me. Jardine won against Liddell by a razor-sharp decision, and Liddell is coming off a huge victory. It's a good time for them to go at it again.

wtf is wrong with you? Everyone knows that should've been an unanimous decision. It was almost a knockout. Watch the fight again and keep track of points. Jardine wins every round. Chuck got the superstar vote from the judges, and it still wasn't enough.

Now if they fought again, Liddell would destroy Jardine. The only valid gameplan Jardine could ever have against Chuck would be to win a fight strategically by points. Chuck already knows how that fight goes and will be able to make the necessary adjustments to win the fight. To beat Keith you need to take it to him and overwhelm him (watch Alexander fight).

thebestout » Posted 8/13/07 8:42:00PM

Jardine didn't win the first round.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by silverbullet

wtf is wrong with you?

If only I had a quarter for every time somebody asked me that!

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]