MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Update on Kongo-Herring Bout, now scheduled for UFC 82   [View Full Version]
Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Update: This fight is scheduled to happen at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion” and not UFC 81: “Breaking Point.” Apologies for any confusion.

Cheick Kongo (11-3-1) and Heath Herring (27-13) with meet in a heavyweight clash at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion” on March 1 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio
ufcmania.com

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Ok that makes sense

Didnt think about it before but yeah the 81 card is already full

UFC 82 is going to kickass

GermanWolf » Posted 2/1/07 9:12:00PM

I hope their goal was to waste all of Kongo's momentum. Heath isn't that great a wrestler, but he certainly has what it takes to put Kongo on his back and keep him there.

The only problem is that ever since Herring waffled Nakao, he thinks he's a hot shit kickboxer. Which he definitely is not. If he's dumb and stands he'll get knocked out. If he's smart he can take a shutout decision.

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

kongo KO imo

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Jesus some people are stupid, wtf are they doing posting in the old out of date thread instead of this one

nwowolfpack » Posted 9/22/07 2:56:00AM

Herring has signed the paperwork.....but Kongo who is currently training with Rampage and other fighters in California has yet to accept the deal. He and his management are exploring the opportunities as they see Herring as a catch fight. If he wins...he should......if he losses then he was overrated!!

If he signs it will be over the next 3 days.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by nwowolfpack

Herring has signed the paperwork.....but Kongo who is currently training with Rampage and other fighters in California has yet to accept the deal. He and his management are exploring the opportunities as they see Herring as a catch fight. If he wins...he should......if he losses then he was overrated!!

If he signs it will be over the next 3 days.

I see it as a "how bad is his ground game" fight. Hope he signs I think Herring will take this.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

What i've heard and what i've seen of herring are two different things. If he stands with congo(i think he will) he is toast. Plus congos takedown defense has improved imesnsely. his ground game still sux but at least he can try to keep it standing

Kracker_Jap » Posted 12/27/07 9:23:00PM

Wow just read about this

Where has heath been training ???

[View Full Version of this Page]