MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Q&A With Lorenzo Fertitta   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

As the seventh anniversary of the Fertittas' purchase of the UFC approaches on Jan. 15, Lorenzo Fertitta sat down with Yahoo! Sports to talk about the company's success, the growth of mixed martial arts and his thoughts on Dana White's performance as UFC president.

Article

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Cool read man thanks

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

For anybody who does not have time to read the whole interview, let me summarize it for you...

UFC rocks, Elite XC sucks. Cannot say anything about Randy Couture. Dana White rocks. Boxing sucks. Fighter salaries are awesome.

That pretty much sums it up!

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Lorenzo said " I truly believe that Dana was put on the Earth to run the UFC " !!

that's mean alot to me !!!

Go Dana !!

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

Lorenzo said " I truly believe that Dana was put on the Earth to run the UFC " !!

Go Dana !!

I like that one but I think this one says it best.

Lorenzo Fertitta on growth of MMA.
A lot of people talk about the growth of MMA. I don’t believe in that. I don’t know where anybody can show me there is this great success in MMA outside of the UFC. There has been explosive growth for the UFC, but MMA in general, nobody is making a breakthrough. The biggest non-UFC pay-per-view, you might know better than me, but it’s something like 25,000, maybe 30,000 buys. There is a bit of a misnomer there. It’s not the growth of MMA. It’s the growth of the UFC.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by tuvok500

Go Dana !!

A lot of people talk about the growth of MMA. I don’t believe in that. I don’t know where anybody can show me there is this great success in MMA outside of the UFC. There has been explosive growth for the UFC, but MMA in general, nobody is making a breakthrough. The biggest non-UFC pay-per-view, you might know better than me, but it’s something like 25,000, maybe 30,000 buys. There is a bit of a misnomer there. It’s not the growth of MMA. It’s the growth of the UFC.

yeah, i like this one too !!

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by tuvok500

Go Dana !!

Paid 70 million for a company that had no growth? Or breakthroughs?

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by cmill21
Paid 70 million for a company that had no growth? Or breakthroughs?

They paid less than 70 million for Pride. As much as I hate to say this yes pride was dead when they bought it. It had been run in to the ground for all it was worth. They tried to save it by getting a TV deal for Pride in Japan but it was to late the name of Pride had already been linked to organized crime in japan. No one wanted to touch it. So what they ended up buying was contracts and a video library. But the truth is your avg fan doesn't relate to MMA they relate to the UFC. They see the UFC as MMA.

[View Full Version of this Page]