MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 79 Fighter Payouts   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

UFC has reported all the official fighter payouts for UFC 79, which exclude the usual post-fight bonuses, sponsor payouts, etc. The total disclosed payouts came to $1,199,000.

Article

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

Melvin Guillard ($10,000)

did he get fined for the crap he pulled? i hope he did

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

i missed it what did melvin do?

Canadian-Pain » Posted 6/22/07 11:51:00AM

-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida ($60,000) def. Sokoudjou ($40,000)

soko must have had a pretty good contract to only get 20k less with the loss

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

Posted by tmas

after melvin had tapped rich clementi stood over him and did the "Suck It" thing that those guys from WWF used to do. So melvin got up and wanted to fight again

Bemin » Posted 8/26/07 4:41:00PM

Posted by Canadian-Pain

-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida ($60,000) def. Sokoudjou ($40,000)

soko must have had a pretty good contract to only get 20k less with the loss

Soko signed very recently, anyone with a new contract is making much more per fight than someone who signed more than 6 months ago or so when UFC payout's really started getting posted all over the MMA Internet forums. Although we will probably never know for sure, I hope that the UFC is making up for this disparity in locker room bonuses for the fighters that signed a year or more ago (ala Keith Jardine and his $14k (pre bonuses) for headlining and defeating Chuck in UFC 76 (Chuck got 500k pre bonuses for the fight).

Edit: After the fight when asked by the press about what he made, Keith did say that he was very happy with his fight purse, so I'm sure his bonus was pretty nice, but since Zuffa is a private company we will never know what it was.)

Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

The fact that guys are still making 3 and 3 in the richest, largest org. is ridiculous. I realize they are lower guys and other orgs. pay even less, but still.

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

It's pretty remarkable that Chuck, coming off 2 straight losses, can still command by far the largest salary. No wonder he never considered retiring!

Imagine what the profit margins are, given the fighter pay roll was only $1.2m.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by tmas

after melvin had tapped rich clementi stood over him and did the "Suck It" thing that those guys from WWF used to do. So melvin got up and wanted to fight again

Melvin flipped Clementi off first though.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by moob

It's pretty remarkable that Chuck, coming off 2 straight losses, can still command by far the largest salary. No wonder he never considered retiring!

Imagine what the profit margins are, given the fighter pay roll was only $1.2m.

Whats the average PPV take? 40 mill? The gates ussually around 3mill.

[View Full Version of this Page]