MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
melvin   [View Full Version]
tffdwg38 » Posted 1/24/07 3:09:00PM

whos next for guillard if he beats stevenson

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

I think a shot at the LW title. He has been on a great roll. I would love to see him face Sean Sherk, or Hermes Franca if he wins, for the title. Melvin doesn't have boring fights he is just one of those guys. I think him vs Franca would be one of the most exciting LW match ups to date.

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

I don't remember if Franca vs. Sherk is confirmed or not.

But if not, I want to see him fight Franca for #1 contender.

ffforgottenx » Posted 1/25/07 8:56:00AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

according to dana and the post-fight press conference, franca vs sherk is confirmed.. if melvin beats stevenson, i think he would be next in line.. if not, then he would definately be involved in a #1 contender matchup.. and if not THAT, the UFC is screwing him

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by bayonetxwork

according to dana and the post-fight press conference, franca vs sherk is confirmed.. if melvin beats stevenson, i think he would be next in line.. if not, then he would definately be involved in a #1 contender matchup.. and if not THAT, the UFC is screwing him

Completely agree. Also, Melvin is popular enough that it would sell.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

Melvin is very good, but he is not ready for Sherk or Franca quite yet. I think he should have 2 more matches before he is considered for a title shot.

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Melvin is very good, but he is not ready for Sherk or Franca quite yet. I think he should have 2 more matches before he is considered for a title shot.

Why do you think 2 more matches? j/w. Because I think hes ready for either of them, more so Franca than Sherk though. Franca isn't as powerful as Sherk, plus he has sloppy stand up and would probably get picked apart by Melvin.

fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by fedorwins1

Why do you think 2 more matches? j/w. Because I think hes ready for either of them, more so Franca than Sherk though. Franca isn't as powerful as Sherk, plus he has sloppy stand up and would probably get picked apart by Melvin.

Melvin doesn't have a very good ground game tho and Franca would submit him if it went to the ground.

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

If he doesn't get a title shot (if)after he beats Stevenson...

Then maybe they should throw Frank Edgar into the mix???

He alread had one big upset (and fight of the night, IMO) and could maybe pull off another...

We could see a LW Jason McDonald type rise.... Or he could just be fuel for the Melvin fire... Either way it's win - win in my book.

modogg » Posted 1/15/07 1:01:00PM

Melvin or Stevenson will probably have to fight someone else first because i am guessing the winner of either BJ Penn vs. Pulver or of the new TUF will get a shot after Franca. my guess is the winner of Melvin vs. Stevenson will get the other. most likely will be Melvin (or Stevenson) vs. Penn or Pulver, that should sell real good. also will help the TUF winner have more to fight for, but i could be totaly off here (with the TUF call)

[View Full Version of this Page]