MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Hughes Goes Back to his Roots for St. Pierre   [View Full Version]
madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Matt Hughes was readying himself for one of the biggest grudge matches in Ultimate Fighting Championship history when Matt Serra had to pull out of the fight due to a back injury. Instead, Georges St-Pierre stepped in on short notice to settle the score with the former UFC welterweight champion in the third match of a series in which each fighter has won one bout apiece.
Link

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

Hughes is saying the right stuff, but he doesn't talk about where he is training and who he is training with to put him in the position to "win anywhere".

chokesetterjake » Posted 6/28/07 5:20:00PM

said Hughes. “You’ve got to be able to win everywhere. That’s my mark for a true champion"

this is just like gsp vs. hughes 2, for gsp that is. i think gsp will do the same thing this sat as he did to hughes the the last time

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Can Hughes drop to 155? He's not a huge welter weight by any means.

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

Posted by silverbullet

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

I think St. Pierre takes him down in the first round this time!!!!!!

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

Posted by silverbullet

lol are you jokin this guys walks around 190-195

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Posted by loonytnt

Posted by silverbullet

lol are you jokin this guys walks around 190-195

I mean he wrestled at 158 in college. I know that was a long time ago, but he's not a big welter weight by any means. He's smaller than guys like Fitch, Koscheck, GSP, even Sanchez who's dropping to 155 apparently.

MMAFightClothes » Posted 11/12/07 7:49:00PM

I don't think Hughes is going to win this fight. The last one was too lopsided. I don't think he could get to 155 either.

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

he has a hard time makin 170, no way he can get to 155

McBee » Posted 4/15/07 3:21:00AM

he is short but he is huge, so none of you remember all of his wins via overpowering his opponents?

jomatty » Posted 7/13/07 9:07:00AM

i think he is considerably bigger than diego and even if he could make it this is not the time. the guys probably not gonna fight more than 3 more times so why bother trying (and that is all if it was even possible. he has a big cut to 170. even matt serra doesnt want to make the cut to 155 at this point in his career and hughes is so much bigger than him...

he may have made 158 in high school but if i know wrestlers taht was probably totally dried out, and that was a long time ago. i could have made 150 at high school and if i spend the rest of my life working at it now ill never see anywhere near that...

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I think GSP takes it, but I bet it goes to round 3 at least...only because I think it will go to the ground and then Matt will be surprised at GSP's ability to roll!

[View Full Version of this Page]