MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 81: Tim Sylvia signs bout agreement to fight ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira for vacant heavyweight title   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

Former heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia has inked his half of a contract to compete for the vacant heavyweight title against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” on February 2, 2008, from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to FightNetwork.com.

http://mmamania.com/2007/12/19/ufc-81-tim-sylvia-signs-bout-agreement-to-fight-minotauro-nogueira-for-vacant-heavyweight-title/

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

i hope minotauro wins the title, there are alot of intersting match-ups for him in the near future if he gets past sylvia, and a have a very good feeling that he will

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

if minotauro doesnt win this fight, ufc heavyweight credibility and all the fun matchups we could have with big nog as champ turn to ****, sylvia is good fighter but does anyone really wanna see his borefests?
all couture fans should bow to sylvia, bc sylvia was SO boring, he brought randy out of retirement
WAR MINOTAURO!

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

im hoping nog wins but i honestly think tim is going to win a very boring fight. sylvia will pick him apart and stuff his td's for five straight rounds, ill still watch but im not optimistic.

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

For a fighter that finshes 75% of his fights, with Fedor being the only fighter to have a higher finishing rate, I'd like to know why he's boring. I'm not a fan of his (mainly because of his attitude) but the guy can fight. He has one of the greatest KO's in UFC history (Just ask Tra).

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

creativedestruction » Posted 1/25/07 12:03:00AM

Sylvia by decision. Hopefully he gets his big right hand back though.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Posted by zephead

For a fighter that finshes 75% of his fights, with Fedor being the only fighter to have a higher finishing rate, I'd like to know why he's boring. I'm not a fan of his (mainly because of his attitude) but the guy can fight. He has one of the greatest KO's in UFC history (Just ask Tra).

1. 75 percent of fights ... his last 4 fights have gona 2 decsion ... and 3 of them he won by ... and its a who has he finished latley ... not sence ufc 59 ... thats april 2005 ...

2. Greatest KO ? ... overtated horribly

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

I think big Nog will win this fight.
An ankle lock would be a good way to sub Sylvia !!

But i really hope that if Sylvia beat Nog, peoples here will give him the respect that he will deserve . If Nog is not able to beat Tim that will mean that Sylvia is a real top fighter no matter how exciting he can be.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Sylvia won't be able to stuff Nog's takedowns, no way. I see Nog finishing this in the second round.

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

Ive never really met a Sylvia fan but I think if he wins this fight he will get respect.

Will he win?

No. Nog will submitt Tim like Arlovski did at 51

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

About time this fight was made official, I wish people would just respect Tim a bit more, If you got a problem how he fights, Waaaaaaaa have a cry.

He was dull in the Randy fight because he should of been finished in the 1st, Against Vera, He didnt want to risk it and lose 2 in a row.
Yeah he probally will pepper Nogueira with jab's, But that's his decsion and he has got to live with it.

I know all want to see Nogueira the Champ, But I dont think beating Heath a 3rd time earn's the contenders spot, Heath wouldn't be fighting Tim if he won.

As far as who will win, This fight can go a few different way's and I look forward to see who the better man will be.

WAR BIG TIM

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

It's got potential to be a good fight. Nog will probably take it. Tim needs to come out and push it and go for the finish in this one it will be one of his toughest opponents yet. He's on the line here. If he comes out, pushes it with striking and goes all out for the finish I think he'll take it. But considering the chances of that happening I'm leaning more towards Nog.

candynuts » Posted 12/6/07 1:36:00PM

Nogueira was winning the standup against Herring, he was working pretty good in the clinch against him, but Sylvia is better than Heath in that regard.

Im not sure if Nogueira will be able to take him down unless he peppers him with low kicks for a couple of rounds then shoots in, until then I could see both fighters work in the clinch for the majority of the early rounds much like Tims fight with Vera.

Id rather have Nog win, but if Tim wins it definately solidifies himself as one of the greats (In terms of plain winning, not how he wins)

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

I think big Nog will win this fight.
An ankle lock would be a good way to sub Sylvia !!

But i really hope that if Sylvia beat Nog, peoples here will give him the respect that he will deserve . If Nog is not able to beat Tim that will mean that Sylvia is a real top fighter no matter how exciting he can be.

I agree.If Sylvia wins this,it's time he gets the respect he deserves

Leland » Posted 4/24/07 11:10:00AM

I bet dana set this up to piss off randy. Tim's gonna win and bore the world til randy is forced to come back

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]