MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Doug Marshall and his 'KD' tagline   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

What is up with this guy? I think he is a classless champ and completely unprofessional. I know he isn't being serious, but to say he wants his opponents "knocked dead" is just wrong. Especially, since a first death occurred in mma and for years the sport has been trying to garner respect and prove to people that mma is a legit sport with class act athletes. His comments and victory antics make the sport look bad. I am sorry if this is considered fighter bashing, but I just had to get this off my chest.

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

IDK why James Irvin doesn't move the WEC and whoop him again. James will never be UFC LHW Champ but he would be a great WEC champ.

Yea the Rhino gets a submission win and acts cocky.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

In that case, where's the flak for Vitor Belfort? He says he wants to "rip his (Ortiz) big head off" and nobody complains, at least that I know of. True, perhaps the way these comments are worded likely has something to do with it, and maybe it was a heat of the moment thing, but yeah, this does come off to me as being a little insensitive given how little time has passed since the Vazquez tragedy.

jomatty » Posted 7/13/07 9:07:00AM

im just glad someone explained to me what a kd is. i didnt know what the hell he was talking about.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Quit taking things so literally. If you're going to get all up-in-arms over this, where's the complaining about 80% of ALL fighters saying "I'm going to kill him."

I heard it 3 or 4 times the other night during WEC 31.

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

Every fighter does it... Tito's after fight "burial" that was also used by Kendall Grove... Josh Barnett's throat cutting thing, doesn't really mean he wants to cut people's heads off... Seems to me that the TS is clutching at straws here

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I agree with the TS. The KD thing is not witty. KD is Doug Marshall's weak attempt to get himself some attention in a card where he was probably the 6th or 7th best fighter.

bezun » Posted 5/8/07 2:07:00PM

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" Iron Mike. That just makes his ass sound terrifying. It is all hype to instill fear and show confidence.

Every sport has its characters. Did Mike Vick give football a bad image. nope. Tyson and boxing. nope. i think the general public is smart enough to look past what people say, esspecialy in a fighting sport.

bezun » Posted 5/8/07 2:07:00PM

and so should you

Mastodon2 » Posted 3/14/07 4:45:00PM

Posted by bezun

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" Iron Mike. That just makes his ass sound terrifying. It is all hype to instill fear and show confidence.

Lennox said he knew Tyson had lost it though when he was saying that. Tyson was a softie outside the ring really, listen to him speak, he is softly spoken, sounds really timid and is just not threatening at all. What he said was totally out of character, and Lennox knew he was broken.

As for this "KD" comment, its just crass, poor timing to a tee. Don't hate too much though, I doubt he said it deliberately in light of the recent tradgedy, he probably just didnt draw the connection between the two things.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

i dont usually take things like this too seriously, and what he said is really typical for any combat sport, it just bothered me because he comes off as a total lunkhead for lack of a better word. im just waiting for stann to take the belt away from him so i dont have to listen to him talk anymore at all.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

I actually think its kind of funny and appriciate that Marshall doesn't go out of his way to be politically correct and censor himself because someone recently died. Like someone said, pro fighters have been saying "I'll kill that guy!" since pro fighting began. Its part of the hype and makes the build up to the fights more exciting.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

wolfman » Posted 6/22/07 2:06:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i dont usually take things like this too seriously, and what he said is really typical for any combat sport, it just bothered me because he comes off as a total lunkhead for lack of a better word. im just waiting for stann to take the belt away from him so i dont have to listen to him talk anymore at all.

Agreed, I think that is why I am being so judgmental of him lol.

Posted by Svartorm

I actually think its kind of funny and appriciate that Marshall doesn't go out of his way to be politically correct and censor himself because someone recently died. Like someone said, pro fighters have been saying "I'll kill that guy!" since pro fighting began. Its part of the hype and makes the build up to the fights more exciting.

Good point.

texuspete00 » Posted 1/27/07 12:35:00AM

Yeah Mastadon Mike Tyson wasn't intimidating at all. I mean listen to his girlie voice!!

tberg420 » Posted 1/24/07 6:05:00PM

It's as lame as Paul Buentello's catchphrase.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]