MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Report: Brandon Vera Turned Down UFC’s Offer of $200,000 per Fight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

moosejaw » Posted 2/10/07 9:45:00PM

Vera is pretty good...but come on?

I hope he's just getting terrible advice, and it isn't his own ego.

200k? Whatever bro.

duniek » Posted 1/15/07 6:41:00PM

Sadly UFC is going to become another little Hollywood , another f$%^ing league of spoiled dudes .

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

Wow I sure hope he's worth the money Shaw is willing to pay to get him.

DoTheMMAth » Posted 12/26/06 1:28:00PM

Wow, I know that Vera was always a little cocky.... but in my opinion he hasn't even done enough to live up to Dana's offer. Wish he was staying in the UFC though... would love to see either CC/Couture or even Big Timmy lay the smack down.

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

I hope I never see Brandon Vera fight again...what a greedy bastard.

roadking95th » Posted 1/17/07 2:43:00PM

He has always seemed greedy to me. I remember watching a WEC fight on HDNet, after he won he speaks into the camera saying pay me the money or something to that affect. Damn, he was still only in the WEC and he wanted to get paid like a star. Fool.

AuroraDet » Posted 1/15/07 4:20:00PM

I totally agree...I don't think he wants to face Cro Cop, Tim or Randy.....What a tool...He beat Frank Mir and thinks he's the shit....Mir's been done since his accident......Again, what a toolshed........

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

i think Brandon Vera is very good fighter and i think its Dana who is greedy...lets just say a average ppv sells is 20 million for each PPV event....Dana is dishing out less than 700K for all the fighters all together who fought that night...the new Gary Shaw Production of MMA fights(elitexc) is only gonna make dana dish out bigger bucks and be fair with the fighters..

Plus..who knows how much money the UFC makes in Advertising(something boxing dont do and still pay top fighters millions)

$200K must be chump change for what Gary Shaw is offering cuz if Gary Shaw was offering just a little more im sure Brandon would rather fight for the UFC which has much stronger fan base

Dana White

EDIT:...and im not just saying Brandon should be paid the big bucks...i am speaking for all they all need much more money than what Dana is paying them...

Travis Lutter 20K..????
Frank Edgar...6K..????

come on..they need more respect than that!

SICKRICK » Posted 1/15/07 9:20:00AM

vera is worth alot of money but i dont know about that much

nellyhiphophead » Posted 1/25/07 7:01:00PM

ok it wasn;t like dana was like all you willget is 200k a fight he could of made much more then that if he wins and becmes champ. but if shaw will give him a mill a fight then thats what you have to do.

brodieros » Posted 1/29/07 6:04:00AM

Elite is waving 1mil a fight at him. who wouldn't take that? i want him out of UFC for turning down Silvia because of money. He would have beat Silvia and made more money the next couple of years, way past the existence of Elite. he is just blinded by a quick buck. He will destroy any Elite comp. so UFC will probably take him back when Elite goes down.

Jsscho » Posted 1/24/07 3:16:00PM

Wow. I needed this. He still has one more fight under contract with the UFC, right? I agree with most of you. I have a new person to cheer against.

nellyhiphophead » Posted 1/25/07 7:01:00PM

he will jsut wait untill sept when his contract is up and the ufc will have to let him go and he will go make his cash.

djchoice2000 » Posted 1/24/07 4:42:00PM

I hope he rejects all offers except Elite XC. They need a good Heavyweight to be their champ and that way he won't face Cro Cop or Fedor in the championship bouts. Good for his career cause he would get killed by either of them.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]