Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Who you taking for tommy vs. mac
Forum Opinion Poll
Tommy Speer 19 38%
Mac danzig 31 62%

Tommy Speer vs. Mac Danzig   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ricoj3323 » Posted 6/22/07 1:20:00AM

well I would have to take tommy because he has alot of heart and hes big and strong and is not that bad of a striker. Don't get me wrong I like mac but tommy's fights have been amazing and he has impressed me alot. so i'm taking tommy by decision

what are your opinions

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

Well...Mac finished every fight he had and Speer went the distance 2/3 of the time. I don't see how you can really say you pick Speer over Danzig because Speer's fights were amazing? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

Does anyone know who these guys have been training with since TUF?

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

Tommy is over rated... all that "he has alot of heart" is bs.

Tommy is a wrestler,and they all fight the same way..just because someone keeps fighting doesnt mean they have heart....when we see him bleeding like a pig like the first fight and at the same time fight someone he cant take down at will in a war..then we can say he has heart

for a wrestler..holding someone down and pounding them is the same as a striker running away and jabbing.thats where they feel their safest.

Mac Danzing by TRIANGLE CHOKE!!!

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Tommy is over rated... all that "he has alot of heart" is bs.

Tommy is a wrestler,and they all fight the same way..just because someone keeps fighting doesnt mean they have heart....when we see him bleeding like a pig like the first fight and at the same time fight someone he cant take down at will in a war..then we can say he has heart

for a wrestler..holding someone down and pounding them is the same as a striker running away and jabbing.thats where they feel their safest.

Mac Danzing by TRIANGLE CHOKE!!!

Tommy's big heart is because he refused to tap in a FULL rear naked choke, a FULL armbar and a FULL triangle choke.

noting to do with his wrestling skill.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

Tommy's big heart is because he refused to tap in a FULL rear naked choke, a FULL armbar and a FULL triangle choke.

Good point.

But I think Mac's too experienced and too determined and too good.
Danzig by UD.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by tuvok500

Good point.

But I think Mac's too experienced and too determined and too good.
Danzig by UD.

Yeah, i know !!

i will go with my first idea and pick Mac .

Mac rd 2 sub

xchickox » Posted 1/26/07 10:31:00AM

tommy has improved a hell of a lot throughout tuf 6 but he's not as good as Mac takes it by 2nd round sub

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I have to go with Mac. He just looks too good, I like Tommy but he only stoped one guy. That was with a right hand and only like two minutes before he poke George in the left eye. Pretty hard to see a punch when your vision is blured. That said I am not so sure Tommy wouldn't have won that fight on his own. George didn't look that great and Tommy was going for the KO.

rabbit915 » Posted 10/23/07 3:00:00PM

Im really not sure if Tommy would have beaten George if he dint poke him in the eye. He was winning but hadnt landed anything big. I think if George had gotten him on the ground it would have been over

On a side note, George was dumb for not taking the full 5 minutes.

Mac on the other hand has continually looked dominant. Hes the obvious choice.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Danzig via decision.

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

All Tommy has is wrestling and heart, and I honestly don't think thats enough to get past Danzig. Tommy's stand up is bad, his BJJ game isn't that great, but his wrestling could be enough to cancel Mac's submission game off of his back. I predict Mac to win 3rd round by submission.

In response to the Tommy vs. George fight, I think the poke definitely helped him out a lot, but regardless, he would have won that fight. His stand up isn't good, George was just being WAY to tentative, and not getting off first. It doesn't matter how much better your stand up is, if you don't get off first, you're gonna be eating punches.

three_days_of_grey » Posted 7/7/07 7:03:00PM

Tommy Speer reminds me of 'Rube', the catcher on Major League 2.
Speer does have a chance of grinding out a decision if he keeps it standing.
Regardless if Danzig wins, I fully expect him to drop back down to LW and fight Nate Diaz within 8 months on an Ultimate Fight Night.

-OUT-

Mastodon2 » Posted 3/14/07 4:45:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

The fact that he got into these spots in the first place should be reason enough to pick Mac. Danzig is just a more skilled, more professional fighter.

SexPanther » Posted 10/15/07 9:43:00PM

The only full sub he got caught in was the armbar.

danzig will beat speer b/c danzig is the better fighter. Its that simple.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]