Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Who will win?
Forum Opinion Poll
Terry Martin 12 39%
Marvin Eastman 19 61%

Terry Martin vs. Marvin Eastman   [View Full Version]
chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Who are you picking?....I would really like to see Eastman
get a win in the octagon however Terry has got big power.
Both of there chins have been tested so i think it will
be whoever lands the first big shot. I like both fighters
and I dont know who to pick.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

I'll be rooting for Eastman but Terry Martin I think will land the 1st punch and drop Eastman. Let's face it. Both have incredibly weak chins. All of Eastman's UFC losses have been by Knockout. All of Terry Martin's MMA losses have been by knockout. Eastman got KO'd by Travis Lutter for Christ sake in the only punch of a two round fight which was the most boringest fight in UFC history.

I just see Eastman coming in and getting caught early. Terry will be more aggressive then Rampage and put him out earlier.

Terry by 1st Rd. KO by landing the 1st big punch

xchickox » Posted 1/26/07 10:31:00AM

i think martin first round KO

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Eastman

Kastro » Posted 4/21/07 7:05:00PM

Terry Martin has had some success in the octagon besides his recent loss to Leben, however in the Leben fight it was evident that Martin needs to work on his conditioning..

I have never seen Eastman's conditioning because none of the fights of his that I have watched have gotten into the later rounds.. but I can say that judging by his physique I would bet some $$$ that Eastman has some solid conditioning and will last longer than Martin.

If Eastman can avoid slugging it out and fight smart for the first couple rounds not giving Terry Martin a chance to land one of those big punches then I see Eastman getting a KO in the 3rd round or a unanimous decision.

Very interesting fight though im looking forward to this one!

spikerman19 » Posted 6/22/07 1:23:00AM

I think Marvins cardio will win the fight.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I don't really like Martin, but he's got powerful hands and Eastman doesn't seem to have a particularly strong chin. He was dropped by Lutter......Lutter?!

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I don't really like Martin, but he's got powerful hands and Eastman doesn't seem to have a particularly strong chin. He was dropped by Lutter......Lutter?!

Watch UFC 50. I actually own the DVD. It's the one were Tito fought Patrick Cote in the Main Event and Hughes beat GSP in the 1st fight. GSP was owning Hughes and the ending was BS because if GSP didn't tap for one more second the round would have been up. But anyways back on topic. The Lutter-Eastman fght was the BORINGEST fight in UFC history. They circled and didn't throw a thing in the 1st. They didn't even touch each other. 2nd round the crowd boo'd and Eastman threw a punch and Lutter duckd and countered and dropped him.

Boring first 4 minutes of the fight but after a minute in the 2nd of being boo'd SICK KO.

I agree though. Maybe if Eastman gets out the 1st and middle of 2nd he should be good..

SexPanther » Posted 10/15/07 9:43:00PM

look at it this way:

both can strike

both are powerfull

both are good wrestlers

nobody's gonna really have a submission advantage

This fight is gonna come down to who has the better chin and the better cardio.I think its going to a decision.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

LOL i refuse to participate in polls like that unless they have methods in there, otherwise they are pointless cos the results are more conclusive on the stats picks page, so please people if doing a fight poll include the methods

No idea on this fight, unless Terry has improved in every aspect in gonna have to go with Eastman, Terry just didnt fight smart against Leben

KYGUY07 » Posted 4/9/07 12:49:00PM

Posted by spikerman19

I think Marvins cardio will win the fight.

same here

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

BUT Terrys cardio HAS to of improved, he surely has learned his mistakes from the Leben fight, imho he also needs to to realise his main strength - his takedowns and GnP alot more effectively

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

I really want Eastman to win, I don't like Terry Martin. But if the fight stays standing I have to give it to Martin cause he has those heavy hands and Eastman has been stopped with strikes in every fight he's had in the ufc. I will give it to him that those knees from Vitor would have taken out anybody, and his last loss was to a current champion in Rampage, so maybe it's just that the guys he faced were too good. Martin doesn't have as much skill as Vitor did or as much power as Rampage does IMO, so maybe this fight will be a bit more interesting.

thisbeme » Posted 12/3/07 10:00:00AM

Eastman will go down first..seen him get knocked out too easy.. Both have weak chins..but marvin hasn't impressed me much at all

Mastodon2 » Posted 3/14/07 4:45:00PM

Like someone noted, they are very similar fighters. I think Eastman's (probably) superior conditioning and experience will help him stay cool and land the shot that puts Martin away.

[View Full Version of this Page]