MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Liddell vs. Jackson UFC 71 May 26, 2007   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Link

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Steve73180 » Posted 2/8/07 3:58:00PM

Rampage is going to get destroyed! He needs another fight or two before he's ready for Chuck.

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

Is this confirmed or is it just another rumor? I sure hope it's a rumor.

eiredave » Posted 2/6/07 2:39:00PM

it cant be true surely rampage has 1 fight left on his contract what if he wins he can name his fee to stay ufc would want more control over his pay days surely

punkrockike » Posted 1/27/07 7:45:00PM

this cant be true. doesnt make sense.

Violentcuv » Posted 2/1/07 8:26:00AM

It's in the rumors sections there. I'm sure its far from anything right now.

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

Posted by eiredave

it cant be true surely rampage has 1 fight left on his contract what if he wins he can name his fee to stay ufc would want more control over his pay days surely

Good point. Didn't even think about that.
Now there's no reason for that fight to happen at UFC 71.

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

thats 4-5 months from now..

should be 1 more fight in between before he fights liddell if its true,and if he wins

brodieros » Posted 1/29/07 6:04:00AM

UFC doesn't give title fights to fighters with one fight left on their contract to avoid fighters holding out for more money, so the only way they fight is if Rampage has signed a contract extension. The only thing that gives this rumor weight is that MMa Weekly has been very accurate in the past.

mrsumo » Posted 1/27/07 10:09:00PM

I certainly would like to see that matchup again. I would probably bet on Jackson too. It isn't like he's new. And it isn't like he beat chuck last time with some lucky punch. He beat him. And all the moans about how much better chuck is now than then won't change the fact that Rampage is better now too. Pride is a whole different level of fighter. Yes there are awesome fighters in the UFC, but Pride takes it up a notch. At least it did before they started going under. Anywho, It would be a ppv worth buying.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by eiredave

If he wins the UFC will offer him a huge contract more than likely.
Just take a look at the WW divison. As soon as GSP won the title. He signed a new contract with Zuffa. Even though he had 2 fights left on his old one. Dana White wants to keep his champions happy. He doesnt want anymore BJ incidents.

jocksmall » Posted 1/18/07 6:04:00PM

would love to see this one but sounds like its too soon

mma_fan_matt » Posted 2/8/07 11:59:00PM

Didn't he say he wants some more warm up fights before Chuck.

[View Full Version of this Page]