MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Sylvia vs. Nogueira Title Fight Set For UFC 81   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

The following is a translated note from an article on Portaldovt:

"In first hand, the fight between Minotauro and Tim Sylvia was signed hours ago, and it will take place in UFC 81, feb. 2nd, in Las Vegas.

Randy did not reach agreements with UFC and the vague title will be disuputed between Minotauro and Tim"

Link

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

Yay! This is the fight I wanted!
I have all the respect in the world for Randy, I dont know exactly what happend there, But I didn't like the Randy went about things.

Sylvia by...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Descion

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

Sweet, I love this! Big Nog will finally hold UFC gold baby! I got him subbing him in the 2nd round!!!! Interesting fight nevertheless.

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Sweet, I love this! Big Nog will finally hold UFC gold baby! I got him subbing him in the 2nd round!!!! Interesting fight nevertheless.

THANK SATAN.

I have a feeling he will hold the belt for awhile too. Nog third round submission, I love NOG he deserves this!

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Kongo is kinda getting screwed. He probably wasn't about to get a title shot despite his win over CC, but this probably bumps him down a notch for his next match in terms of who he'll face.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

Posted by DCRage

Kongo is kinda getting screwed. He probably wasn't about to get a title shot despite his win over CC, but this probably bumps him down a notch for his next match in terms of who he'll face.

I don't think this is hurting him. I think it's that Carmello fight. Like Josh Barnett said. His ground game is "suspect" so I doubt there going to give him Nog if it's that suspect or even Randy both with great grappling backgrounds. I hope he fights the winner of Gonzaga/Werdum or maybe even AA or Vera's a good choice. Theres some great test for him.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

This is pretty far from being an official announcement, not sure why some random site would get this news quicker than the usual suspects? lets wait and see, but i didnt hold much hope for Randy and Dana sorting it out at their little dinner date, even so unless they release him from his contract he will still be the HW champion at that time so i fail to see how they can put his title on the line? they cant strip him can they??

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Another PRIDE-UFC upset in the making?

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Well, the waiting is over.

I will go with Big Nog for sure but don't forget that Tim is a big guy and it is very difficult to deal with him in a cage.

the key here is to go to the ground for sure, with Big Nog on top !!

Nog rd 3 sub , but if by that time Nog did not win the fight, it is going to be a decision.

Lay_N_Pray » Posted 1/30/07 4:04:00PM

Actually they can strip him, and apparently they just did.

Sylvia by decision

wapttn » Posted 6/27/07 11:03:00PM

information like this is usually pretty huge.. and that means that you get it comming from multiple sources within a short amount of time so how come nobody else is reporting this? Not that this isnt a likely senario, but i think this might be a weak source.

Not that i'm not dying to see the fight ^^

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

Well i could see this fight going either way. If Nog almost got knocked out by the Texas Lazy Horse I think big Tim definately has a chance to win this fight....

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

This has been confirmed by someone with close contact to the UFC. According to him ``Randy and the UFC are not talking so they are moving ahead with another fight (Tim/Nog) and will likely try as best they can to get Randy out of sight and out of mind.``

kerazzle » Posted 2/17/07 4:21:00PM

it all depends I guess. Nog is so beat down you could never know how this will play out. If it was the Nog who fought sapp and cro cop then for sure he'd win but I dont know how well Nog can take punishment anymore. his chin seems to have softened up from all the hard shots he's taken. i'm still goin with Nog on this because he is a a far better boxer than tim. Plus the size advantage wont be too great for tim.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

big nog by submission
so what is the co main event?? i hope it isn't mir vs lesnar
cro cop might fight on the card since he isn't in jan

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]