MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Yoshida said to be Fedor's opponent on Dec 31.   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
creativedestruction » Posted 1/25/07 12:03:00AM

The Japanese press is excited to have discovered who Fedor Emelianenko’s adversary will be at the M-1 Global event to take place in Japan in partnership with former Pride employees on December 31. The name to have surfaced this week is Hidehiko Yoshida. According to the Japanese site Sportsnavi, there is a good chance the judoka will be called up to face the Russian.

http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/ARTICLE/8731/2007-11-26.html

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

He's more legitimate than Hong Man Choi so I'm happy with this fight. Yoshida always gives 100% and usually is fun to watch.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Good, he's got a hard head, and is obviously a good judoka, first time i've ever seen someone dare Cro Cop to hit them in the head lol. Happy with this fight considering the lay off!

creativedestruction » Posted 1/25/07 12:03:00AM

You guys are honestly satisfied with this fight?

Considering he's fighting for the first time in so long yeah. I expect Barnett, Rizzo, Overeem, Hunt, all of them after this though. Yoshida can't be called a freak show or a bad fighter, he's definetly talented and he's not a pushover, not top 15 but he's a good fighter to bring in for a fight that will please most people.

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

I'm not in the least bit. He needs a legit top 10 heavyweight.

TuFanboi » Posted 5/23/07 10:45:00AM

What a god damn joke of a fight. I'm tired of Fedor and all the talk that surrounds him. I thought Yoshida was dropping to 185 or something, clearly not in the Fedor realm of things if you ask me. Also Barnett is far more interesting to me than Fedor, nevermind if he could beat him.

Posted by TuFanboi

What a god damn joke of a fight. I'm tired of Fedor and all the talk that surrounds him. I thought Yoshida was dropping to 185 or something, clearly not in the Fedor realm of things if you ask me. Also Barnett is far more interesting to me than Fedor, nevermind if he could beat him.

You do realize Barney's layoff has been longer then Fedor's right? As For Yoshida, he's beaten Hunt, Frye and he took wand to a decision. Again he's not some garbage fighter and has more quality wins then Eddie Sanchez, GG, and Kongo had the last two not beat Cro Cop recently, and no one was whining and bitching about those match ups.

Edit: He's acctually still beaten more quality opponents then Kongo and GG, since they only have the one, and Yoshida has 2. Just because he's japanese and it's not in the UFC doesn't mean it's a "horrible" fight. Like most of the Japanese fighters they put on a good show. Like the guys an olympic gold medalist, you to talk about Karo's judo? Ha, look at yoshida's credentials.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TuFanboi

You do realize Barney's layoff has been longer then Fedor's right? As For Yoshida, he's beaten Hunt, Frye and he took wand to a decision. Again he's not some garbage fighter and has more quality wins then Eddie Sanchez, GG, and Kongo had the last two not beat Cro Cop recently, and no one was whining and bitching about those match ups.

Edit: He's acctually still beaten more quality opponents then Kongo and GG, since they only have the one, and Yoshida has 2. Just because he's japanese and it's not in the UFC doesn't mean it's a "horrible" fight. Like most of the Japanese fighters they put on a good show. Like the guys an olympic gold medalist, you to talk about Karo's judo? Ha, look at yoshida's credentials.

everyone looked at those fights as easy stepping stones to his eventual title shot and they where after his ko win over wandy a top fighter. fedor hasnt fought top comp in a while.

yoshida is better then hong man choi, but this fight still leaves alot to be desired.

i will say this though at least he is fighting, and hopefully his next fight will be against some top comp. so i will cut him some slack until his next fight which better be agaisnt a top 15 heavyweight or a top ten light heavy...

bezun » Posted 5/8/07 2:07:00PM

No. Not even a little. I like Yoshida, but at this stage in the game (and i know it's slated for the Japanese fans) Fedor needs to be fighting one of the top guys in the world.

MMAnomale » Posted 8/23/07 12:10:00PM

Yoshida's a lot better than some of the people he'll end up fighting later because there's not many serious threats to Fedor right now unless he comes to the UFC. After he beats Yoshida, then what? I don't think they can get Barnett. There are no serious threats to him. At this point, I'm so pissed (and I respect his decision to not have to travel as much, help out his Red Devil Team, and make good money, but he could've made more in America and fought serious competition), because he didn't come to the UFC and we, the fans, aren't going to see the best possible fights, and find out who is better between Fedor and Couture, and a couple of other fighters and fights they we would just love to see. I have enjoyed watching Fedor these last few years and have been a huge fan, but if he loses to Yoshida, somehow (I don't see this happening, but if it does), I will laugh my as* off.

LR » Posted 6/21/07 2:59:00PM

Yoshida is a horrible opponent. Fedor will crush him inside 3-4 minutes tops if he comes out as aggressive as he has in the past.

Fact is, there isn't anyone out there, and the Japanese promoters want to make fights that draw. Yoshida is one of the biggest drawing attractions in the Japanese MMA scene from what I've read in their blogs regarding MMA. I'm not sure why, but it's most likely because he's had some success against some bigger names before. It's another draw fight. Fedor wins easily.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Posted by creativedestruction

You guys are honestly satisfied with this fight?

It's better than Choi. At least it's not some cheesecake guy with a padded record.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

give fedor a break he hasnt fought in a while and this would be a good fight for him to get back in the groove of things...all this talk about him not facing top comp is true but it also would be true to when you were stuck in limbo without an org

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by george112

give fedor a break he hasnt fought in a while and this would be a good fight for him to get back in the groove of things...all this talk about him not facing top comp is true but it also would be true to when you were stuck in limbo without an org

Couture was coming from 2 lost and he retired for 1 years and when he came back he fought the HW champ , he did not ask to have an easy fight to build his confidence back or to win easy money !!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]