MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
The ‘Russian Bear' Returns   [View Full Version]
ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

sherdog.com

Long before Fedor Emelianenko became the best fighter on the planet, another Russian sambo practitioner was causing a sensation in international MMA: Oleg Taktarov
Go Oleg!!!

stickyhash421 » Posted 11/15/07 5:05:00PM

where did you hear that he was coming back?...besides a recent ufc event when they said he was coming back

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by stickyhash421

where did you hear that he was coming back?...besides a recent ufc event when they said he was coming back

Click the link.

Rich78 » Posted 2/23/07 9:05:00AM

Hmmm, interesting. Can't see it being the best event though if he is headlining against...... I've forgotten his opponents name. Still though, hope he does well.

This is what caught my eye on the article though, if anyone has any links to this thing, my props are armed and ready.....

Taktarov tasted blood in June when he squared off against fellow actor Dolph Lundgren, who played Ivan Drago in "Rocky IV," during an episode of the Russian version of "Celebrity Boxing." After a surprisingly competitive five-round fight, the real Russian -- Lundgren is in fact Swedish -- won a unanimous decision.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZifsUlirvVc&feature=related

:)

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

Oleg was always my dad's favorite fighter back in the day and I have a ton of respect for him...you guys should look into his story...it's very interesting.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Posted by Rich78

Hmmm, interesting. Can't see it being the best event though if he is headlining against...... I've forgotten his opponents name. Still though, hope he does well.

According to the article, John Marsh. 7-6 overall in MMA, has fought roughly once a year since '04 (last fight-February, loss to Chad Griggs at an IFL event). Won his first 5, then lost 4 straight, 2-2 since.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

during the early days of ufc he was my favorite fighter, and i was super happy when he won the event(6 i think). he kicked ass in 15 minutes too. god i hope he doesnt look as bad as ruas did a couple months ago, i dont want to remember him looking out of shape.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Oleg always had that calm and cool demeanor to him.Even when he was losing a fight,he always stayed relaxed.Can't wait to see his comeback fight.

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

I like Oleg, always have, always will. But what scares me about him is, in a article a couple of years ago, he said that whenever he trains, he gets massive headaches. If you remember his fights, he got hit and hit alot. It seemed like his game plan was to tire his opponet out. Beat his opponets hands up with his head and then submit them when they were worn out.

I hope all goes well for him, but I don't like it

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

[View Full Version of this Page]