MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Can The Piranha Take The Heat?   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

In a potentially big fight for both, Ryo Chonan makes his UFC debut this Saturday night against top UFC Welterweight Karo Parisyan. Chonan will be facing a very determined Parisyan, who is trying to work his way back into the title picture.

Article

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

I agree skill wise Ryo doesn't seem that great to me, until I watch that flying scissor heel hook.

The biggest thing I think Chonan has is toughness and striking. But Karo is also extremely tough. Karo should win with his throws and ground game but if anyone can pull off an upset I think Ryo has the best chance.

I have Chonan winning an upset with a spilt desicion.

faille » Posted 10/5/07 4:52:00PM

I'm taking Karo on this one hopefullt by a submission and not through the judges. So, Karo by sub.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

Karo is the man i see him having no problems taking Ryo out in the first or second round......THE HEAT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilScott » Posted 1/25/07 12:41:00AM

Piranha + Heat + a little garlic maybe == tasty dish

wolfgarnaud » Posted 6/28/07 2:37:00AM

it doesnt matter if you think Chonan has great skills or not, i think he has a very good chance to beat Karo..
Chonan has fought with a lot of experience fighters, i believe that he has that on his favor. i woulnt be surprise to see him win...

MeanGreene » Posted 1/15/07 8:34:00PM

Posted by roman

I agree skill wise Ryo doesn't seem that great to me, until I watch that flying scissor heel hook.

The biggest thing I think Chonan has is toughness and striking. But Karo is also extremely tough. Karo should win with his throws and ground game but if anyone can pull off an upset I think Ryo has the best chance.

I have Chonan winning an upset with a spilt desicion. [/QUOT

Good pick! i did the same because i think Chonan can take Karo fairly easy, but Karo likes to put up a fight. Should be a good one!

HulkRage » Posted 9/4/07 1:38:00PM

This is going to be a battle, I see it going the distance either way, but I think Karo has the edge in overall skill and also and maybe the most important is his octogon experiance. I think Ryo should have had a lesser match for his first fight. But then again, this could launch him up the WW ladder with an upset.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

i think that RYO will win by ko/tko. Karo has always had a problem finishing fights. either way its going to be a hell of a fight!!!!

the_Advocate » Posted 4/6/07 3:08:00PM

nice to read reasonable posts in regards to a fight analysis ( I love sherdog but those forums are filled with 5 year olds)......likewise i got chonan taking this...think he will get the decision but, I also never count karo out....its definitely a "pick 'em" fight....funny note: in karo's ufc video montage he states that ryo is good at everything but not great...that is almost a, to the T, description of karo (bar his judo throws..u know he'll get at least one)....this definitely is a fight to watch no matter how you call it

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

look forward to watching this one, If we get it that is............I got a feeling we will get some KO's this event so we just might see it.

FantasyFighter » Posted 7/6/07 3:46:00PM

Im with all of you guys that said you think Ryo Chonan has a good chance. But I disagree on him being able to score a decision over Karo. Ryo has a good chance because he has good striking and is tough and will be hard to submit or GNP out. However, I just cant see him out working Karo. You know Karo will close the distance and unless Chonan is able to keep Karo off of him and create distance (something I cant remember anybody doing) then I cant see him winning if it goes to the judges. Karo by un. decision is my prediction but I will be pulling for Ryo. GOOOOO CHONAN!!!!!

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

I'm picking Parisyan, but by split decision. I think Chonan will still be getting a feel for UFC after coming over from PRIDE but will still give Parisyan a hard time. Not quite enough for the W though.

Muay-Thai » Posted 10/21/07 7:23:00PM

im so sick of karo...

here we go to another decision win

[View Full Version of this Page]