MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
travis Lutter interview   [View Full Version]
allevil86 » Posted 1/24/07 5:28:00PM

I don't know if this has been posted but it's a good interview
http://www.nbcsports.com/ufc/1010414/detail.html

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Click Here for the Link
People you have got to learn how to insert links it is very easy. In Fact when you are replying to this just look to the right of your screen.

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

Great interview...I never was a Luter fan really, but he really did seem sincere in everything he said. I do feel sorry for the guy, but that is an unexcusable mistake. At first I thought he should be punished, but the more I thought about it, I realized that the guy lost the title shot, lost the fight, and lost a lot of fans...that's punishment enough in my book. I doubt we seen him back in the UFC, but you never know. Best of luck to Travis Luter.

Pyrenus » Posted 1/29/07 9:12:00AM

He did lose 10% of his purse.

jmoooooo » Posted 1/24/07 6:09:00PM

Posted by Pyrenus

He did lose 10% of his purse.

yes, his original purse was $20,000

$1,000 went to the NSAC

$1,000 went to Silva

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

thats f%cked up that they took 2 grand away from him...like if 20 grand was not low enough

ps....i never found out.......can you swear in these forums??

jmoooooo » Posted 1/24/07 6:09:00PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

thats f%cked up that they took 2 grand away from him...like if 20 grand was not low enough

ps....i never found out.......can you swear in these forums??

do we really need swearing?

and i dont think its messed up......he knew the rules, he knew they would take it from him..its not like its a surprise. they contracted him to fight for the title, and he couldnt (by nsac rules) it does very little to help out the UFC which had a lot of angry fans when they lost the title fight. fair punishment i think.

StraightLeft » Posted 2/8/07 2:13:00AM

Posted by jmoooooo

and i dont think its messed up......he knew the rules, he knew they would take it from him..its not like its a surprise. they contracted him to fight for the title, and he couldnt (by nsac rules) it does very little to help out the UFC which had a lot of angry fans when they lost the title fight. fair punishment i think.

Agreed, very unprofessional and I'm sure it will haunt Lutter for a long time. Sweet justice that Silva subbed him

strikefirstgear » Posted 1/15/07 1:29:00PM

He is a nice guy. Really I think his biggest issue is thinking that he doesn't need a coach. I mean even top UFC fighters like Liddell, GSP, Hughes and others have coaches. That's what coaches are there for. To help fighters be prepared and to not make stupid mistakes. His biggest downfall is his overconfidence in that area.

I dont wish him ill though. The paycut, loss of a title and loss of a fight that way is something that sticks with a person. He will be thinking about this long after we have forgotten.

Lay_N_Pray » Posted 1/30/07 4:04:00PM

I was just glad he didnt try to make an excuse about losing and say that the "controversial" strikes made him tap. Instead he said that Silva just had the triangle choke on to long and firm and he had to tap. That gets respect points for Lutter in my book

[View Full Version of this Page]